• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do next

Rachie

Mama Doe
:wave: As you may be aware my bun was neutered on Wednesday, he went for his follow up check today and all is well. I can't decide what I should do next:

He's a house bunny and has what looks like an oversized hamster cage, he has free run of the house so I'd quite like to get rid of it as he only uses it as a toilet and it takes up alot of my kitchen.

BUT I keep dabbling with the idea of getting him a friend as I keep reading that they like to live in pairs (so I feel a bit mean). I'm content with one rabbit and while I'm not desperate for another one - I can't say I'm totally repulsed by the idea either :lol: But I'm under the impression that if I get him a buddy then I'll need to hang onto his house for a while until the new bun got settled.

I think I've talked myself into getting him a friend :oops: the only concern I have about getting a friend for him is that he won't love me anymore :oops:

Just after some advice/opinions from you wise ones, fankooo!

:wave: As you may be aware my bun was neutered on Wednesday, he went for his follow up check today and all is well. I can't decide what I should do next:

He's a house bunny and has what looks like an oversized hamster cage, he has free run of the house so I'd quite like to get rid of it as he only uses it as a toilet and it takes up alot of my kitchen.

BUT I keep dabbling with the idea of getting him a friend as I keep reading that they like to live in pairs (so I feel a bit mean). I'm content with one rabbit and while I'm not desperate for another one - I can't say I'm totally repulsed by the idea either :lol: But I'm under the impression that if I get him a buddy then I'll need to hang onto his house for a while until the new bun got settled.

I think I've talked myself into getting him a friend :oops: the only concern I have about getting a friend for him is that he won't love me anymore :oops:

Just after some advice/opinions from you wise ones, fankooo!

go to a rescue adn let him choose his partner that way they are more likely to get along . you wouldnt ness have to have that house in fact a different house would also be fine as it would be a great neutral palce to start! :) you dont have to have a cage as such but a base for them is nessacery this would include somewhere to sleep . a supply of water food fresh hay and a litter tray aslo a box or other to hide in should they want to. most bonded bunnys still showw great afection to their owners. its more down to their personality however its great to see them interact adn its good to see them happy also means you dont have to worry so muc hif you leavign them due to work etc they have each other for company! :)

Thank you :D

I'm thinking of having a 'den' area for him in the same place his house is now. I'll keep his litter tray and move his carrier in there so he can 'hide'

I moved his house out into my car (have no where else so keep it) and he seems to like his new set up so far :D I'm really pleased he took to drinking out of a bowl so quickly

Next question is: what do I do with his house - should I sell it? if so then where? I can't keep it in my car forever but should I hang on to it for a little while longer in case I get him a partner?
I was having a looksie at the website for fat fluffs rabbit rescue in Solihull - they have some gorgeous critters!

I wouldnt sell it if its too small :? Someone may buy it and then use it to keep their bunny locked up in it :(

Fat Fluffs have some gorgeous bunnies in at the minute... not that im looking or anything :oops::oops: :lol: Where are you from? xXx

I would save it for now- it might come in handy when bonding as you will need a small space to put them in at first.

I wouldnt sell it if its too small :? Someone may buy it and then use it to keep their bunny locked up in it :(

Fat Fluffs have some gorgeous bunnies in at the minute... not that im looking or anything :oops::oops: :lol: Where are you from? xXx

I wouldn't say its too small - its one of these takes up most of my kitchen! He hasn't ever really been locked in it since I first got him, took the door off it after a couple of weeks to give him easy exit/access. What do you think?

Is it worth me giving them a call yet? I only had him neutered last week! I'm wondering how it works, if they'd bond them, how to choose a friend etc. I'm also a bit worried that I may burst from bunny love :oops::oops:

I'm in Nuneaton but work at the airport so Solihull doesn't seem too far away for me :)

I wouldn't say its too small - its one of these takes up most of my kitchen! He hasn't ever really been locked in it since I first got him, took the door off it after a couple of weeks to give him easy exit/access. What do you think?

Is it worth me giving them a call yet? I only had him neutered last week! I'm wondering how it works, if they'd bond them, how to choose a friend etc. I'm also a bit worried that I may burst from bunny love :oops::oops:

I'm in Nuneaton but work at the airport so Solihull doesn't seem too far away for me :)

Id keep the Nero 4... i have one of these in the shed which i use for bonding, or for if i have a poorly bun :) You could contact Fat Fluffs... if they have a speyed female bunny, your bunny would be ready for bonding 3 weeks after his neutering, so its worth contacting them now. Theyre very busy - my buns are booked in to go there soon for bonding :) You could send him there to choose his own wife... they do speed dating :)

Ahh your not far away :wave:

Id keep the Nero 4... i have one of these in the shed which i use for bonding, or for if i have a poorly bun :) You could contact Fat Fluffs... if they have a speyed female bunny, your bunny would be ready for bonding 3 weeks after his neutering, so its worth contacting them now. Theyre very busy - my buns are booked in to go there soon for bonding :) You could send him there to choose his own wife... they do speed dating :)

Ahh your not far away :wave:

Speed dating for rabbits! I love it! Squee - exciting! Can't wait to TELL other half that we're getting a new addition :lol:

My only problem with the nero 4 is that its so big and takes up so much room - especially when he spends so little time in there and now he's never ever locked in. I don't have anywhere to keep it other than reinstating it - should I do that.

Gawd, million and 3 questions :rolleyes:

Back