• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits escaped

PandS

Warren Scout
I don't know what it is with my lot at the moment but after taking Pumpkin to the vet on Wed and what I encountered this morning I do hope they settle down. I walked into the kitchen this morning to see my housemate outside talking to my bf (who usually feeds the buns in the morning). I thought this was a bit odd so went to the door and asked what was up. When my housemate didn't reply I went flying towards the hutch where my boyfriend was standing.

One of the lower doors was open and Pumpkin and Sweep were missing! Tarquin was still inside (she's quite small and isn't as good at jumping). I immediatley burst in to tears and rushed inside to put on some clothes and shoes (I was in pj's and slippers). I was half dressed when my housemate came running in to tell me they'd found Sweep in the coal store (well now its a storage shed) and thought they could hear Pumpkin.

I really thought I'd lost them forever! Sweep seemed a little traumatised but Pumpkin came straight out for food. My bf is feeling very guilty as he was the last one to shut the hutch doors and managed to forget both the sliding lock and twist bit. I've forgiven him since he was helping me to give Pumpkin her meds last night, hence why he was the last out there. I hate to think what could have happened am thankful the coal store door latches and doesn't shut to. Phew!

Agh! I'm sure that took a few years off your life! :shock:

I'm so glad you found them safe, and I bet your boyfriend will never forget to shut the hutch again! :lol:

Definitely a relief. Bunnies probably thought it was the best day ever and had a wonderful adventure! :lol:

Glad they didn't go far! I hate that feeling of dread and heart in your mouth feeling when you think they've gone

There must be something in the water my mum woke me up at 7 this morning as bebe and phoenix had managed to escape and were on the drive. They both eventually went back into the garden. They must have been out all night as they hadn't eaten all their food! I'm so glad they didn't decide to relocate as they could have been run over.
I think its a case of they know who feeds them. Its scary thinking i could have lost them. Hopefully my dad will be able to block up where they escaped from. And he's changing the fastener on the gate to a bolt so it definitely gets shut properly.
Helen xx

Pebble escaped yesterday! Luckly she wasnt out for long and all i had to do was open he hutch and rattle the food tub and she came back. :) x

Back