• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit no longer binkies :(

Zara

Mama Doe
I've got a lot of questions these days :shock:

Well, one of my rabbits has stopped binkying and running about much, even though he seems happy. He still comes to me for grooming and cuddles, and his body language suggests that he's happy, but he seems to have gotten lazy.

Before, both rabbits would only binky if I joined in, like a social activity. Firefly would come up to me, binky and look at me, and if I started jumping around he'd binky all over the kitchen with me, it must of been a mad sight :lol: both rabbits seem to prefer having fun with me then each other!

Recently though I've had two operations so I wasn't able to play with the rabbits much for about two month, I just sat with them as they played. I'm better now but both rabbits no longer jump around, or exercise much, inside or outside. Even if I try to initiate a binking frenzy (please tell me I'm sane) they'll just watch me excitedly but not move.Are my rabbits unhappy? Or just lazy? How can I get hem active again?

And does winter effect rabbits activity?

sorry for asking so much >_<

I asked a question some time ago about my 2 not being very active, and a couple of people said their buns were far less active when the weather is colder....can't wait for the summer!

Ahh good! I think that explains it as they got lazy and podgy last winter I think, even thoguh I'll probably still bounce around the kitchen hopefully as I miss the binkying sessions :oops: do I sound silly? :lol:

I would NEVER dance around the kitchen or wiggle my nose at my rabbit or anything silly like that. Those rabbit owners must be crazy! :roll:

...:oops: I pet my rabbit's head with my nose sometimes because it's more like a rabbit grooming him. My boyfriend is ready to send me to the funny farm any day now. :lol:

I would NEVER dance around the kitchen or wiggle my nose at my rabbit or anything silly like that. Those rabbit owners must be crazy! :roll:

...:oops: I pet my rabbit's head with my nose sometimes because it's more like a rabbit grooming him. My boyfriend is ready to send me to the funny farm any day now. :lol:

Hehe! I sometimes pet marley by rubbing my chin on his head-he grinds his teeth more than usual when I do it so I'm guessing he likes it :oops:

But, yes my bf is also ready to send me to the funny farm for that and other crazy bunny related things that I do!

I do that too, after grooming him for a while I'll nuzzle him with my nose :lol: I obviously do a good job as he doesn't request grooming from the other bunny unless I'm busy and not able to spoil him (much to his chargrin and thumps and grunts)

Batbunny loves it when I groom him too but seems to enjoy grooming ME more :shock: he constantly licks my hand or knee for ages after I've stroked him, but he is the less dominant rabbit of the two so maybe he likes to give more.

Back