• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do house rabbits need to spend time outdoors in the spring and summer?

racheljessica

Alpha Buck
I got Bambi a year ago and she is a house rabbit. During the spring/summer last year we put her outside in a pen. The pen is now used as her indoor cage though as it is bigger than the cage she used to be in.

I am wondering if now that the weather is getting better, do I need to get her another pen so I can put her outside again? I know that rabbits need sunlight. Her pen is by the back window which is big in size and has a sliding door (see pic). Does she get enough sunlight while she is indoors or should I let her have time outside?

DSCN1584.jpg

If your garden is safe and she cant escape then you can just let her play out when your in. Ours go out anytime of year when they want (if we are in) and its not raining. Otherwise a pen is best and allow a few hours each day for her to eat grass and hop about. You dont need to move her out completely just allow her some time in the garden.

My housebuns dont go out.B wasn't that fussed when she used to go to play in the garden-she just used to sit under a chair.

Back