• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Material for new housing

katie240181

Young Bun
i want to build my house bunnies a new home by the side of our stairs they love it there as they can see most things and the stairs are open plannedish, but i was wondering what would be the best wood to use that is safe for my bunnies also do you think i should have the side against the wall in a solid panel of wood or a frame with mesh stuff in it

i am also planning on having another level with a litte ramp that leads to a sleeping area when they can snuggle together but they will still be able to run underneth it

any advice would be greatly appreciated as we want to give out bunnies the best we can.

The size of the area we are using is 7ft long by 4ft wideish my bunnies have the run of the whole house when we are at home so will only be in there when we are not in the house, will this area be big enough for my 2 mini rexes

thank you

Any wood should be fine :) Pine is usually the cheapest for supports with plywood for sheets.

Just avoid chipboard or MDF as those types can be easily chewed to pieces by the rabbits and can become dangerous.

Sounds like a good plan to me :D:D:D Have you got a pic of where it will be? Then we could give you any further advice on what to consider etc.

Back