• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going outside - possibly?

Hi
We have just built Honey a NIC cube house indoors and put the run that she was using before, outside.

Once the warmer weather is here, I would love for her to go outside in her run during the day when I can supervise and play with her, and then take her back indoors afterwards. . Would this be o.k? Having and indoor/outdoor rabbit?

Now if I put her out in the run (supervised) should I put her out of sight of the boys run? Or would it be o.k if they all caught sight of each other?

Would you recommend putting her run next to their SHed/run, so they can see each other and see how it goes. I still haven't decided wether to try and bond all 3 (probably not), but just wondered of it was worth letting them see each other.

Sorry all sounds a bit muddled!!

Basically, Honey is longing to go outside, can I allow her to see the boys and vice versa!!

Sorry for the long post!:oops::oops:

I would be very wary of letting two bonded boys from seeing a girl. They might be fine, but you should be prepared that this might cause the boys to start fighting and may need to block off sight of her.

I think she would enjoy her time outside though :)

I would be very wary of letting two bonded boys from seeing a girl. They might be fine, but you should be prepared that this might cause the boys to start fighting and may need to block off sight of her.

I think she would enjoy her time outside though :)

Thanks Timb0h
I thought that might be the case.
I need to think about where to put her then and maybe put some fencing around her run!!

She is so wanting to go out!! Won;t be too long now.

Yes during summer you can put an indoor rabbit outside during the day and bring back in for night.

I am very lucky because Sparkle gets on really well with my 2 boys even though they don't spend all their time together. It has, touch wood, helped with their fighting as they seem to pre-ocuppied with her when she's out that they forget to fight with each other.
I guess I could just be lucky though - but they really do all get on fine and that's with the 2 of them living outside and Sparkle living inside. I let her play out in the day and leave the back door open and she comes in when she's had enough.
I was lucky because Kayj tried all 3 together at her house and they hit it off straight away. I think Bruno is really pleased when Sparkle is about because Tyson spends all his time following her round and leaving Bruno to it which means he doesn't get moved on every time he moves to another spot in the garden!!
I wonder if anyone else can advise as this is how it works for me - does anyone else have a similar experience or is this unusual?
ps Sparkle is going to remain a house rabbit who plays out in the day - I love having her around too much for her to be permanently with the boys. :love:

I am very lucky because Sparkle gets on really well with my 2 boys even though they don't spend all their time together. It has, touch wood, helped with their fighting as they seem to pre-ocuppied with her when she's out that they forget to fight with each other.
I guess I could just be lucky though - but they really do all get on fine and that's with the 2 of them living outside and Sparkle living inside. I let her play out in the day and leave the back door open and she comes in when she's had enough.
I was lucky because Kayj tried all 3 together at her house and they hit it off straight away. I think Bruno is really pleased when Sparkle is about because Tyson spends all his time following her round and leaving Bruno to it which means he doesn't get moved on every time he moves to another spot in the garden!!
I wonder if anyone else can advise as this is how it works for me - does anyone else have a similar experience or is this unusual?
ps Sparkle is going to remain a house rabbit who plays out in the day - I love having her around too much for her to be permanently with the boys. :love:

I am so pleased Sparkle is doing so well and your boys have taken to her.
It's a great success story.
I would love to think it would work, but I don't want to risk everything.
I think Honey will be an indoor rabbit too, that like to go outside!

Back