• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angry at stupid know it all at uni

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
We took the buns down to the animal unit at uni today to get weighed and i couldn't attach a water bottle to fidget's carrier so i made sure she had a drink before we left. Anyway we weighed them and then left them safely locked in the handling room (for 5 minutes) while we went to speak to one of the lecturers. Anyway the animal unit manager came thundering in acusing me of neglecting my rabbit cause she didn't have any water (we were out for a total of 15 minutes and she had veggies!)

It really upset me and i thought she had a ruddy nerve thinking of the state they keep some of the animals there. The rabbits are mostly singles in small hutches or pens and one of the hamsters i noticed today had wet tail (obviously quite advanced aswell) yet wasn't in quarantine and still around the other hamsters :shock: The snakes have two hot areas in their vivs so they have nowhere to cool AND they aren't statted so are likely to overheat! Grrrrrrr makes me mad!

ridiculous :roll: I never attach water bottles to carriers on journies, as they just drip and make everything wet - I just make sure they have moist veg... I hate being told off - makes me really angy, I turn a bit like Hulk :roll::lol:

Grrr...it's very annoying when people stick they're nose in isn't it! I never put a water bottle on my carriers as a. it drips everywhere as CottonMather said above and b. they don't drink it cos they're stressing over the journey.

Some people...*shakes fist*

Back