• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does he like this or is he afraid?

Diego is not a people bunny. he is never nervous and always seems very sure of himself... including being sure that he wants nothing to do with humans unless to get food but even then he would never let us touch him.
I have always sort of respected him and left him to his own devices though i would gently try to get him used to me by sitting with him and Dora.

he has now been a housebun since beginning of feb when we lost Dora,over this time i have been sitting patiently with him whenver it was quiet and offering my hand to sniff and then gently try to stroke him. he has always just legged it or shook his head to tell me that he isnt interested... but for the last week or so he has been putting his head down to the floor and just sits motionless whilst getting stroked. Does he like getting stroked or is he sat there out of fear? im pretty sure he isnt afraid as he just isnt like that, he would normally just jump out of my way.
I dont attempt to lift him as he hates it and really doesnt like much more interaction than giving him his food, he happily hops around the room taking no notice of us... though he does chase the cats a lot :roll:
so, is he starting to warm to us? am i doing the right thing?

Yea if he was scared he would just trot off like you say he used to do before... most of our buns do this and I am sure it is not fear... I think you may have woo-ed him! Yay :wave:

Back