• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not sure if I should worry..

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Hi.. Paranoid me again! Just felt around jacks face and one of his cheeks feels a bit more 'meaty' than the other. It's not rock solid or anything. He's going to the vets Monday anyway, could anyone put my mind at rest?

Its really hard to say what may be the cause or even if there is an actual problem without being able to see or feel the area !!

Abscesses are not usually that soft. A full Vet check on Monday will be able to give you a much more reliable answer than we can do by just saying 'oh, it might be this or it might be that'.
Just enjoy getting to know Jack and see what the Vet says on Monday :)

Hmmmm - if it were my bun I would probably leave it until Monday if there are no other obvious signs of distress - bun eating & acting normally etc. That said, if a bun is gonna get ill, it's gonna be out of hours. :roll: Can you bring your vets appointment forward?

I've only had him since Wednesday evening so I dont want to stress him even more by taking him to the vets before Monday... Unless he really needed it but at the moment he's acting fine.. I might just be paranoid.

It's so hard not to worry :(

Why not see if you can get an appointment for today then :)
That way you wont be worrying all weekend. Did you say in a previous thread that Jack did not appear to eat much ? Has that now resolved?
Maybe he has a problem with his teeth causing the 'thickening' in his cheek. So as Angie says, getting him seen today would avoid a possible out-of-hours consult this weekend :)

He seems to be eating ok now.. He had eaten pretty much all the pellets I out down and his parsley also seen him munch some hay this morning. I'm off to work in a bit :(

Back