• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What next?

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
I've got Jack booked in for his myxi vac and health check on monday morning, what shall I do after.. wait the 2 weeks and get him his VHD, or wait the 2 weeks and get his plums off? Also is it safe to start panacur tomorrow when he's having a myxi jab on monday?

I would wait 2 weeks and then get his VHD jab done. VHD is more important than having his plums off. I would always have a 2 week gap between everything just so his body doesn't have to deal with too much at any one time. J x

I would wait 2 weeks and then get his VHD jab done. VHD is more important than having his plums off. I would always have a 2 week gap between everything just so his body doesn't have to deal with too much at any one time. J x

Agreed :thumb:

I read on here in the last month or so that panacur and vaccinations are best not to overlap. I think it was recommended to leave 5 days after vaccination before starting panacur. so you could do Jab 1, 5 days wait, 9 days panacur, another 5 days then Jab 2. That's how I'd do it in future, that's if it's still recommended to do 9 days panacur by then!! But if you were going to do 28 days panacur, I don't know if it's best to wait for both jabs to be done first!

I thought a 9 day course of panacur is not recommended anymore? :? I'd get him fully vaccinated before getting him neutered.

Its OK to start panacure tomorrow but its definitely better to get his vhd vaccination done before neutering

Back