• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions on these please

Sue&Sooty

Wise Old Thumper
I am planning on building a nice big aviary type run for my lot and was wondering if these would be ok.... what do you reckon? He says he can make them with 1' x 1' mesh or 1/2' x 1' mesh... which would be best?

The plan is to make a 6' x 12' run with a corrugated plastic roof with the hutch inside... what do you reckon?

Sounds lovely. We're getting one from aviaries4u and he says 1" x 1" wire is appropriate and I hear it gives a nice open feel but go smaller holes if you are concerned about stoats or weasles. Was there supposed to be a link? I couldn't see one.

I can't see what I'm supposed to be looking at, is there supposed to be a link or a photo?

Hi,Andy says 1"x1" to stop the foxes getting through.Please make sure you secure it with presser point stapels,fencing stapels,opposed to stapel gun stapels

oops4.gif
forgotten link here

Look great :) You will need to put a emall fillet of wood at one end of the top so that there is a slight slope for the roof (and maybe some additional bracing just to be safe) - otherwise the water will pond and snap it, as many people have round out to their cost!

I'm sure your buns would be thrilled with it as an enclosure :)

Look great :) You will need to put a emall fillet of wood at one end of the top so that there is a slight slope for the roof (and maybe some additional bracing just to be safe) - otherwise the water will pond and snap it, as many people have round out to their cost!

I'm sure your buns would be thrilled with it as an enclosure :)

The place where it will be going is on a slight slope so the roof would be at an angle anyway, it will be fixed to the side wall of my garage. I would be getting my dad to 'construct it' so I know it will be very securely built. :D

Back