• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad rabbit at Pets @ Home

LolasMummy

Mama Doe
Hi,

I saw a little rabbit yesterday that broke my heart!

He has been handed into Pets at home because the owner got bored of him!!!

He obviously has been kept in a very little cage as he was in the cage at Pets at home circuling round and round (pacing all over the place).

When i bent down he was so pleased to see me!

I felt so sad for him - he obviously is desperate for attention and a good run!!

We cant take him in has anyone else got the room? He is in Cheltenham and i am prepared to get him and deliver him to someone.

He looked so very sad and the pacing was awful to watch!!

Must remeber this is why i dont go into Pets at home!!! Would rescue all the animals if could!!!!! :p

Last edited:
I'm travelling to Oxford at the end of April but I guess that's too far away, unless fostering for a month /bunnyrun to Oxford could be arranged. What's his age/breed/colour?

I have a rabbit here who is used to vast amounts of space and now lunges and sits in his bed bit apart from dinnertime upset....

If you can take in another rabbit, why not go to a rescue?
Every animal i see caged is sad, but you can't buy them all. By supporting a rescue, you are making space for other needy rabbits.

I have a rabbit here who is used to vast amounts of space and now lunges and sits in his bed bit apart from dinnertime upset....

Every animal i see caged is sad, but you can't buy them all. By supporting a rescue, you are making space for other needy rabbits.

True, Kris. He is from the adoption section not mainstream sales but I know what you mean. Officially I'm not allowed any others but....what's the name of your sad bun?

I agree with Kris..this rabbit is at least safe

We have a waiting list of about 20 rabbits to come in..some of these are not safe..by homing one from a rescue you will make room for another at risk bunny :D

True, Kris. He is from the adoption section not mainstream sales but I know what you mean. Officially I'm not allowed any others but....what's the name of your sad bun?

Terrence :( He is used to being in a permanant 8ft run with a hutch just for shelter, and since being here has been in a 5ft hutch :(

Ask Lou how different he was when we put him out for a run in the garden, even his body position was a lot happier, back straight, head high in the air, was like a changed bun :love:

Thats a shame, maybe I got confused. Looks like he needs a home with a big garden and lots of free range time :) Do you know anyone with that set up Nicky ;):lol:

Just a though but could the bun be running in circles because of E.C or sight problems?

Most P@H would probably not pick up on anything other than obvious :(

Thats a shame, maybe I got confused. Looks like he needs a home with a big garden and lots of free range time :) Do you know anyone with that set up Nicky ;):lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Officially I'm not allowed any more except for Jill's Mary if she's still available...unofficially though....have you seen my note to Kris in RIN ;)

I just feel really sorry for this boy because he's had six happy years with lots of freedom and must really be confused at the sudden change. :cry:

I thought Terrance had a home lined up :(

There were several enquiries-

One needs to upgrade accom
One had chicken wire on the run, that i asked to be replaced with galvanised mesh
And another left a very distraught message on my phone and by the end of the message sounded inconsolable and i didn't catch the last digit of her number :cry:

There were several enquiries-

One needs to upgrade accom
One had chicken wire on the run, that i asked to be replaced with galvanised mesh
And another left a very distraught message on my phone and by the end of the message sounded inconsolable and i didn't catch the last digit of her number :cry:

It's the last one I'm most concerned about - have posted on RIN...:?

I'm travelling to Oxford at the end of April but I guess that's too far away, unless fostering for a month /bunnyrun to Oxford could be arranged. What's his age/breed/colour?

Hi I could look after him for a month. They are unsure of his age! He seems very young but cant be sure. He is beautiful mainly white with little flicks of browny colours on him. I can go into Pets @ Home to find more detials and maybe take a picture if your are intereted?

Hi I completley agree with you. All our animals (apart from our first rabbit) are rescues - and that is including the fish!!!

I have just never seen a rabbit behave in this way! He is literally walking in a figure of eight all round the cage. Its awful!!

I fully support rescues in any way i can but sometimes animals that are not in rescues need help too.

I am not suggesting people go to pets @ home and buy a rabbit but this one is in the rescue centre bit so surely that is a rescue of sorts?

Pets at Home freaks me out. I sometimes go in and do a mystery shopp and they haven't got a clue what sex are in with each other:censored:
I said what if you sold a pregnat bunny and they shrugged shoulders:censored:
Where I live it's the most nothernly store on the british mainland!

Back