• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Concerned about Julie

bunnytoes

Warren Veteran
There are what I think are cecal smears on the floor. It happens while I am asleep and in the same 2 spots on the kitchen floor. I see no actual poos or cecal and her bum is perfectly clean. She is acting her normal self. She does all her poos in her litter box and they look normal. Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas what could be going on? She has had no real changes to her diet. Should I be concerned?

If a Bun passes a caecal whilst dozing (the Bun is dozing, not the poo !! :lol:)
then they may not eat it straight from their bum but will eat it off the floor hence the staining.
In my experience Does appear to be more prone to doing this than Bucks :?

If a Bun passes a caecal whilst dozing (the Bun is dozing, not the poo !! :lol:)
then they may not eat it straight from their bum but will eat it off the floor hence the staining.
In my experience Does appear to be more prone to doing this than Bucks :?

That makes sense about sleeping because where the smears are is where she loves to sleep. She does this from time to time. ................ for 3 to 5 days in a row then nothing on the floor for months and months. Thanks I was about to take her to the vet. I was worried.

Back