• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny mummy questions

kerry-123

Mama Doe
Okay I know I'm paranoid but this is the first time any of my animals have had babies! So forgive me :)
She was over at the nest there but she was just eating the hay off the top of it but I gave her fresh hay on "her side" if you will. Is this normal?

They tend to preen up the nest topping it up with hay, straw, fur, shredded newspapers etc... and they cover and uncover the babies presumably so she can clean them/feed them? But I think this usually happens out of human sight about 2am...

We had no idea Madam was pregnant (we had her 2 wks!) so we opened the bedroom and disturbed the nest as we wondered why she hadn't come out for breakfast! So she had a little "tidy" of it after we had gone and made sure her babies were warm, covered in shredded newspaper amongst other things!

They tend to preen up the nest topping it up with hay, straw, fur, shredded newspapers etc... and they cover and uncover the babies presumably so she can clean them/feed them? But I think this usually happens out of human sight about 2am...

We had no idea Madam was pregnant (we had her 2 wks!) so we opened the bedroom and disturbed the nest as we wondered why she hadn't come out for breakfast! So she had a little "tidy" of it after we had gone and made sure her babies were warm, covered in shredded newspaper amongst other things!

Lol thats okay yeah we never normally see her near the nest so it probs was just a wee clean about.

Back