• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poor caspers in need of vibes please..not so good today

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:( hes not eaten since about 2am..and has only had a little drink. Hes had his meds and painkillers and flushing but im afraid im not doing any good..i cant shift the bit of pus i can see:cry: his mouths sore form having all his inscisors out so even giving him meds hurts..but he was just about coping.

ive mad up some critical care and putit in a plastic shallow cat dish to see if hell eat it himself..soemtiems some buns do..our old woozle used to.

i will wait about an hour or so then try using a cotton wooll ball and cooled slightly salted boiled water instead of the syringe as he ended up drinking the stuff and wasnt amused.

the metacam ellen has given me is the cat one:shock: its 0.5mg as oposed to 1.25 for the dog one!! i must remember tho he is a small bunster.

so please...send vibes again for the poor wee man.....hes done a few teeny poos. i need to keep him going i guess and if theres no improvement by tonite..rush him to vets:(

Sending tons of vibes for casper. The poor boy has been through a lot, hopefully he will perk up a bit soon. Got everything crossed for him :)

:( i got very upset as i couldnt budge any pus without really hurting his mouth and i think its this that made him worse..and overnite he just went downhill.

later today i tried again not much luck there either....but the pain meds did help a lot..and so did the vibes on here.please keep em coming i swear its whats helping him.

tonight well almsot this morning...we gave him his meds and i cleaned again with about 5 or 6 cotton balls and i cleared a fair old bit of pus finally and i saw for the first time a vertical slit goingright into his tooth socket and its where the pus is coming from..now i can see into where i have to flush its easier for me and him or would be if he kept still.

tonite hes bounced back again..but i odnt know how long for..hes amazed us actually..he is pushing hay into his mouth with his front paw and eating it:shock: then he worked a bit harder and is managing to eat bits of hay..very fine and failry short hay from the dust free company but hes eating more now than before he had his op!!!

hes been pooping a bit more but still very small and black...and then hes owrried us as hes begun to eat them if he can reach them:shock: its very odd!

hes started to drink...hes not drinking loads but its too stressful to syringe water as well...but osme is ok right?

hes even eaten a few pellets as i type this but this is how he went yesterday.

you know jane i wonder if i should up his pain relief a bit but it seemed to kick in fine in the end. hes tineir than i realise too.

whats given him the drive to survive...zuzu our cat..hes been buzzing again too. his little bits have got him too excited for such a poorly bun:oops:

hes not weeing as much so i may try to give him some water by syirnge in a few hours.
thankfully i purchased a snugglesafe heat pad after losing our beloved little bandit so recently..the snuglesafe was redced to about £17. its what has helped him too as even with the radiator on he wasnt warm enough..so i put the snugglesafe in his bed but sat his toy bunny on it so he couldnt get on it..he slept near it for ages then when he got hot he slept in his tray.
today hes een very greatful for his heatpad..its helped a lot.

also hes had cuddles and nose runs out on nikkis bed after his meds and then pit back to bed or hes fallen asleep on her pillow only to wake up as hes sen zuzu...

i now realise this is how its going to be.up down..up down until he either gets rid of the pus or succumbs to something as a result....

you forget how much a bun uses it lower lip until you have a bun who is minus his:( but hes trying...like i said..hes been pushing the hay in when he cant eat it. nikki gave him teeny bits of banana and he ate more than id like him to have but its something to encourage him to eat....

i used warm salt water with cotton balls in it and gently used a ball at a time to dab/swab.wet the pus and try to move it...as mark said it closes over with a "head" on it..keep that wiped away and the pus is easier to clean.

weve done it three times today as he was so poorly...i think as often as we can is next step....am i right?

thank you all so much for the support and vibes..hes a little fighter alright..i am amazed hes still alive still let alone managing to eat hay when he couldnt before because of the abcess and i guess the losing his lip bit by bit as it necrotised. i did give him metacam a few times then too as he was in such pain.

im worried tho as the vet ahs only given me about a weeks worth of meds..maybe two its hard to see exactly....

Poor little guy :( I'm sending tons of vibes, over Pacific and Atlantic, so the Atlantic ones get there first, and then there's a time delay release for the Pacific ones!

Can you give any veggies? It gave me some peace of mind to give Eddison some wet romaine lettuce leaves, because I knew he was getting some hydration from that, and it also got him more excited to eat, as he would often start eating a few pellets after scarfing down a bunch of lettuce.

He's very lucky to have you to take care of him. I'm sure he's extremely grateful and loves you soooo much. :love:

Awww, poor Casper. It sounds like he's a little fighter, sending him lots more vibes. xxxx

thank you very much....hes still here!!

im getting some grapes and fine shredded lettuce(romaine)........and hes sucked up teeny banana bits.

omg..hes eaten a big heap of pellets..omg!!!

hes trying so hard to eat hay..bless......

the pus is still coming thick n fast...i hope its supposed to still:?

you're doing great. Having nursed a bunny with an abscess i know how hard it is!
Here are a few things that might help if you haven't already tried them::
1.put some fav veggies in a blender to make them into a nice soft mash, my dental bunny goes crazy for this as did my abscess bunny. i used to add tomato too as this liquidised it more.
2.cut the hay into small peices or try redigrass as it's a bit softer and smaller pieces.
3.i always find herbs are tempting foods as they smell good and dried plantain.
4.When cleaning the abscess I used to wet it first with warm,salty water then allow it to soften for a couple of minutes which allowed the head to come off easier, I also used to massage around the wound which used to bring pus upto the surface.
5. I found metacam essential and might be worth checking you are giving the max you can. I know that i gave a double dose as smaller amounts just weren't enough.

hope this helps!
Lisa and the buns

Back