• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice Needed please!

Charm

Young Bun
Hi

I have 5 rabbits whose cages are outside in my shed and I have my little netherland dwarf inthe house along with two guinea pigs (seperate cages of course). I would like to introduce my indoor pets out to the shed with the others but its still pretty cold outside can I ask when would be the best time to aclimatize them to being outside again in the hut??? Mynnetherland was wintered inside because shemhad rabbit syphallis which has left her with breathing problems. She is fine but she makes funny noises when she breathes.

Juliexx

I would normally say treat them like bedding plants: gradually harden them off by putting them outside on warm afternoons in a sheltered run or in the shed and increase the outside time until they can be left out after the chance of frosts has passed (end of May). Be particularly careful with your nethie that her problems don't worsen.
You need to be wary of rabbits and guinea pigs together though because they can pass diseases on to each other

Thanks for the advice, I will do that. I have the two guineas together but separate from my nethie

Juliexx

Yes just monitor the temperatures outdoors and make sure you keep them in if we get another cold snap :?

Back