• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To beetroot or not to beetroot?

Zara

Mama Doe
Hi, I'm wondering if beetroot can be harmful to buns, my Gran who I live with decided to buy some veggies for the rabbits for me, and despite the fact I've told her loads of times I usually stick to pellets, herbs, cabbage, some sprouts and a few carrots for the rabbits, and despite the fact I've todl her lettuce isn't very good for rabbits she bought a salad mixture including sliced beetroot :roll:

my Gran has (without my knowledge at the time) fed this mixture to my rabbits before whilst I was staying at my boyfriends for he weekend and when I was recovering from an operation, and they've been fine, but I really don't want to feed them anything that could harm their tummies, even with leaves and veggies I introduce new ones slowly. Any advice?

Also I couple of months ago I managed to wean the rabbits off the bunny brunch they used to eat and onto pellets gradually since they were getting fat, it was hard though, they'd look at the pellets with revulsion and glare at me as if to ask them what I was feeding them :lol: now they gobble them up as if it's the best thing ever :roll: was I right to change their diet?

The salad mixes aren't usually to bad, I think it's iceburg your meant to avoid. A little bit of most things won't do any harm :)

Back