• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When bonding back again

tracy08

Warren Scout
From what i have read recently let me see if i have this right.
I need to make sure they are on Neutral territory. some one suggested the bath to me?
The reason im going through this bonding thing is my two sisters have gone sour.

Of course they both have babies, 1 has three that are 5 weeks old and 1 has two that are two weeks old. Im so glad that i took your advice about sepertaing them before molly gave birth as i know the bigger babies would bother the little ones.

Now before molly had her babies and even when she was in her own hutch she still licked, hugged perdy when i used to let them together. Now Molly has not been with perdy for a week in the house or in the run due to letting her be with her babies and tryin not to disturb her to much, but when i put her in the run last week together (without any babies) there seemed to be a bit of bother. Perdy was stamping her foot at molly and running away from her but also at times she would try to sniff molly but as molly looked like
a) she was trying to make babies with perdy
b) Molly was trying to bite perdys butt

Is this normal. Now i know they both need spraying soon enough but i would really like them to get back together when the babies are big enough etc.

How far should i let the running and hair pulling go. There was a bit of perdys fur in the run at one point.
I have read so many times that buns have been pulling hair, chasing etc but i dont wnat them to bite each other i know how strong thier teeth are.

arrghhgghhh help lol

I wouldnt try bonding until after they are neutered.They may be territorial/hormonal.They have been separated etc.Its not worth it:D

careful they don't have a snipe at the babies.. I say this as our buns tend to snipe at their room mates if they can't get to the bun they are annoyed annoyed with i.e. another bun is sniffing round outside their run etc..

They could be even worse territory wise with having babies/a nest to protect! Let them wean the babies.. have them spayed and try after a month or so of them having the op..

This is off topic ish, and completely random but sweet... mother mice will actually bundle several litters of pinkies into a pile and treat them as one litter with several mother mice doing the feeding etc together :) Bless them :D

Hi, I have no advice re bonding but I would like to echo what one of the other people said re the babies. My bun recently had babies so was seperated from the male bun (and they missed each other very much). She had two litters really close together and with both litters the mum turned on the babies. They were approx 5 wks when she turned on them. Just keep a very close eye on mothers/babies to ensure that all is okay.

thanks for advice. Im defo going to wait till babies are gone or alot bigger before i do the bonding again. and they are spayed. Hope in time i can get all three of them back together xxx

Back