• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why would a rabbit....

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
...repeatedly attack a large dog?

She has shown him no aggression but even when she's nowhere near he will seek her out specifically to lunge and bite her. even though she is ten times his size. :shock:

I guess...:? I wouldn't think he'd dare though, he's either really really bold or just doesn't know what he's getting himself into!

i would go with fear myself... stes mom's cat kept hissing and spitting and swiping at ralph he was deffo scared so making himself seem more threatening before the big bad dog got in first :(

The programme that showed "Worst Pets" (can't remember the proper title) had a little bun forever attacking a poor boxer dog, and seeking him out to do it - your poor dog. I bet she's wondering what she's done wrong!

Is bun neutered? Or I wonder if it's a territorial thing?

i would go with fear myself... stes mom's cat kept hissing and spitting and swiping at ralph he was deffo scared so making himself seem more threatening before the big bad dog got in first :(

bother, that's both of them scared then :(

He's neutered...could also be territorial as he gets worse if she's nearer his cage.

I do feel sorry fo r teh dog too, she can't work out why she's suddenly unwelcome in her own house!

When I was a kid we had a mad rabbit that used to attack our cat :shock:
Every time the rabbit saw the cat he would chase the cat all over the house and bite the cats legs.

My first rabbit used to attack cats that came into our garden, her territory. She also used to goad dogs into chasing her (when in her run) for some unknown reason. :?

My first rabbit used to attack cats that came into our garden, her territory. She also used to goad dogs into chasing her (when in her run) for some unknown reason. :?

Got to while away the hours somehow :lol:

Can't believe how violent he can be for such an innocent looking bun :shock:

When my bun Mango was in at the vets with ileus a rottweiler was walked past the cage and Mango SERIOUSLY lunged at her! Luckily there were bars in the way to protect the poor Rottie :shock::shock::shock:

bother, that's both of them scared then :(

He's neutered...could also be territorial as he gets worse if she's nearer his cage.

I do feel sorry fo r teh dog too, she can't work out why she's suddenly unwelcome in her own house!

awww hun they will settle eventually... just takes time to get used to each other probably :(

Back