• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel really sick.

charlie82

Mama Doe
I've had my friends rabbit here for a few days to bond. He's a typical lively rabbit, very nosey and friendly.

I got up this morning and he came over to see me as usual, but I noticed that something just isn't quite right with him. Obviously I don't know his normal behaviour habits, but he seems very subdued to me.

I tried to give him some greens but he doesn't seem interested. the bonding went well and other than a lot of mounting from him they have been happy together. Today he hasn't even tried to mount and is disinterested. I watched him to a wee earlier on and it seemed like he was doing it for a long time for the amount he produced. About half an hour later he did one again and just a tiny amount was passed. I just lay on the floor with him and he sat up, lifted his tail, made a very bizarre noise out of his back passage and passed a drop of urine. I've managed to get the vet to see him at four, can't get him seen any earlier as they are fully booked and the nurse had to take over some patients to get me in at four.

I feel really sick. My friend will be devastated if anything happens. It couldn't have happened at a worse time either because I have a work deadline that I can't miss tomorrow. I hope to god it's nothing i've done. I feel terrible :cry::cry:

im sure it isnt your fault whatever it might be.
i hope he is ok and nothing to serious.
Let us know what goes on xx

thanks.

It's bad enough when it's one of your own, but when it's someone elses it's even worse. I can't get in touch with his owner, I hope she doesn't blame me. :(

He has probably hurt his *cough* willy from too much *cough* energetic humping. Or a UTI could have set in.

Good luck at the Vets :)

Kidney stones could be a possibility from excess calcium in his diet which is definitely not your fault as it would take a fair while to get that far.

Good Luck, hope he is ok :(:(

He has probably hurt his *cough* willy from too much *cough* energetic humping. Or a UTI could have set in.

Good luck at the Vets :)

You are spot on Jane!!!! :lol:

Poor Chip has a very inflammed and bruised willy... :oops: He has had antibiotics, a vetergesic and his bladder has been flushed. he's feeling very sorry for himself!!!

Kidney stones could be a possibility from excess calcium in his diet which is definitely not your fault as it would take a fair while to get that far.

Good Luck, hope he is ok :(:(

The vet was concerned at one point and wanted to do an x-ray because she thought she could feel a small stone. It's more likely to be poo, and after seeing his under carriage it's most likely his excessive mounting that has made him feel poorly :) i have to monitor his peeing. Silly boy...

You are spot on Jane!!!! :lol:

Poor Chip has a very inflammed and bruised willy... :oops: He has had antibiotics, a vetergesic and his bladder has been flushed. he's feeling very sorry for himself!!!

well the dirty little doodah!!!:lol:hope he recovers from his''misshap''soon.x

bless him!!! :shock::lol:

I hope he makes a quick recovery soon! Bet he feels a bit silly and embarassed, poor thing!!

I've had to split them up though :( At least until his swelling goes down, I just hope he doesn't start being so attentive again :shock:

He hasn't eaten today so i'm hoping that he will tonight, he's very unhappy at the moment.

I've had to split them up though :( At least until his swelling goes down, I just hope he doesn't start being so attentive again :shock:

He hasn't eaten today so i'm hoping that he will tonight, he's very unhappy at the moment.

Poor lad !!
Has he had pain relief ?
If you have some Arnica gel you could put some on his bruised willy.

Sending vibes for him :)

Poor lad !!
Has he had pain relief ?
If you have some Arnica gel you could put some on his bruised willy.

Sending vibes for him :)

Yes he had some metacam injected and I have some in to give him tomorrow. He doesn't seem to be very well at all, but he's had some diazepam-vetergesic so that's why he's a bit spaced out. poor boy :(

:wave: Hi Angela, glad bun,s okay, which of your buns was he trying to hump:lol::lol: hope it wasnt Phoebe;)
Debx

:lol:

No he's not my bun! My friend brought him up here from Leeds to be bonded with the little nethie I have here.

There's no way Phoebe would put up with that sort of behaviour, and luckily there was none of it when she was bonding with Teddy :lol:

Back