• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

questions for people who have adopted or rescues.

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
Do you let people reserve a bunny till their ready to take it?
how much is it for adopting a bunny (appreciate that it may vary)?
Are the vaccinated and all?
do you do a checkup after a month or so?

I'm going up to ASSISI next friday to hopefully look at blackberry :love: and was hoping if i liked him i could reserve him i get the shed sorted. it'll be done over easter week.

Im not rescue but my 2 buns are what norm happens is you will have house check and if you say your going to be done easter theyll make house check for after then.
I suppose if they feel your a real bun person (not time waster) then they would hang on to bun for you.
Depending where you get bun from some dont do neutering etc but most of them do. Depending how long buns been there it may be that you have to get last vaccination etc. Normal donation charge for bun is about £40 esp if all vacc neutered. Although if rescue hasn't done that they normally say a lower price or donation.
Winston had nothing done and they expexted us to give £5 we gave £35 about price of petshops they cried cause people normally only give few quid. They had got him back from starved etc just they dont have funds to neuter etc.
Angel however had been at rescue 3 days and she was neutered, vacc, tummy tucked, eye done and mite treat. She was £40 and we had to get last vacc cause gotta have 14 days apart.
Hope this helps

At ARC we reserve bunnies, if someone says they are not quite ready yet or they have to do some changes to their setup in order to pass the homecheck. But we can't reserve them for too long, because they might miss out on a home, and sometimes the people who reserve a bunny, then change their minds and don't want to adopt any longer. I am not sure what Donna's rules are, but 2 or 3 weeks should be the maximum time between reserving and adopting (in my opinion).
Our adoption fee is usually 40 Pounds for a neutered and fully vaccinated bunny. We sometimes rehome babies who are too young to be neutered, in which case we make people sign an agreement that they will get the bunny neutered as soon as it is old enough, and preferrably use out vets to have it done, so that we have proof of it.
I don't think we do check-ups, but I sometimes e-mail people who have adopted one of my foster bunnies, and ask them how things are going.

My first bun was from a rescue. £35 not neutered or vacs. No home check, forms to fill or follow up call/visit. So I think all rescues are different.

okay thats great thanks guys. it says on the site that all boys are going in for their nuturing so hopefully that'll be done. i'll get the vaccs done if they haven't been done already. well if i'm going up next week it'll hopefully only be two weeks for them to hold him for me. so fingers crossed. husband is keen for me to go ahead now that'll have the room for them.

We're happy to reserve for a couple of weeks but any more than that and we now ask for a deposit as we have held onto buns and then been let down by the prospective owners too many times .....

When I adopted Polly & Flint from Jill, I couldn't take for a couple of weeks, but she let me reserve & then she waited:D

I adopted Alfie from ARC and I had reserved him before he even got to the rescue :oops::lol: Luckly Jacks Jane knew I wanted a Rex and she was collectly some so I reserved the boy.

I got to take him straight away but he was too young to be neutered and hadn't had his injections (I was in a hurry because Bug's had lost her partner and was very sad). I gave a donation of £50.00 to the rescue still.

I haven't had a check up but have posted pictures of him and Bugsy on here.

Good luck with your new bunny :wave:

We were asked for the standard fee of £25 for Luna, she was fully vaccinated, speyed AND microchipped all at the cost of the rescue centre who had also been paying out for food for her (and the offspring she produced) for a year. We decided to double it to £50 because they had saved us money by neutering her and we had a little spare cash at the time. If it were a one-off I would have probably donated a lot more for her bearing in mind the vet costs that must have been quite high, but this was on top of the regular supporting donations I make to the centre :)

At any rate it took them a week to do a homecheck us and then a further week for the homecheck result to clear and for them to update her microchip details and get her vetchecked before sending her home with us in a foul mood LOL!

I am sure that rescue centres will wait a week or two for a home to be 'ready' as long as they are certain you won't change your mind. :D

Last edited:
Both Fatfluffs & honeybunnies let me reserve rabbits from them about two weeks before I was ready to adopt them. I think I paid £40 at both rescues and the rabbits concerned were neutered & fully vaccinated before being rehomed. :D

I've not had a 'check-up' as such (and the bun I adopted from FF is now at RB :cry:) but Jill asks after Mack sometimes and is always welcome to come and see him. :)

thanks guys for the replies, think i might be going this afternoon to see him, if they let me reserve him i'll prob give them a depoist as i really want him. thats if he's still there. will let you's know how i get on.

Not really a rescue, but pets at home adoption don't let you reserve.. Well they let me as I was coming back the same day but they had to ask the manager!

I researved (SP?) Mr Bailey, and then went to see him. I then picked him up two days later. :lol:

I payed a £15 pound adoption fee, but he wasnt neutered or vacc'ed. xx

We let carol & gregory reserve twombly quite far in advance but the girl in question needed to be neutered so couldn't go which coincided well with carols half term & gregory's neuter too. At the time we didn't ask for a deposit on a long term hold but carol very kindly sent some money on a regular basis to help look after twombly which was very much appreciated.

We do a 6 month check up where possible, although we quite often see them back in again as people keep checking the webiste & come back for more bunnies :shock::D

ours are all neutered & vaccinated.

Back