• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Concrete garden

kerry-123

Mama Doe
I have no grass in my garden and want to buy a run for the buns (we just let him run indoors atm) but im thinking maybe they wont enjoy it as much because theres concrete and not any nice grass :cry: will it be a waste? I think I'll buy one for when it's a nice day poooh wish I had a nicer garden sad thing is we used to have grass before my mum had it pathed over cus of our old dog kept digging holes in the lawn :oops: lol

My garden's all slabbed as well and my two don't seem to mind - they've only ever need their nails clipped once :D I've got loads of cheap cat litter trays with grass and different herbs growing in them and have tubs with lavender in them (helps keep the flies away).It's also easier than grass to clean :D

My garden's all slabbed as well and my two don't seem to mind - they've only ever need their nails clipped once :D I've got loads of cheap cat litter trays with grass and different herbs growing in them and have tubs with lavender in them (helps keep the flies away).It's also easier than grass to clean :D

Oh great :) I will invest in a run soon then :)

our garden is 3/4 paved with a small grass area, to be honest when they are let out to go free range they hardely ever go on the grass, they like to run around like loons on the concrete. I also have lots of litter trays which have a mixture of grass, redigrass and hay available to them at all times in their permanent run. They seem perfectly happy :D
I do have a foldable run which i put on the grass in the summer but even then they dont eat loads of grass, they are more intent on laying on something comfy and soft!
They have never needed their nails clipping and they arent able to dig out ( and mr fox cant dig in either).

our garden is 3/4 paved with a small grass area, to be honest when they are let out to go free range they hardely ever go on the grass, they like to run around like loons on the concrete. I also have lots of litter trays which have a mixture of grass, redigrass and hay available to them at all times in their permanent run. They seem perfectly happy :D
I do have a foldable run which i put on the grass in the summer but even then they dont eat loads of grass, they are more intent on laying on something comfy and soft!
They have never needed their nails clipping and they arent able to dig out ( and mr fox cant dig in either).

Brilliant that's my mind at ease :) I need to get one esp for joey cus he likes to pee on the carpet in the house haha

you could always grow grass in pots for them and leave these in the run for them to jump and play in and chew on :wave:

Mops was on concrete/stone and then had a blanket in the run too. I grew some grass in a pot, which she loved!

I'l do the same for ogs when he goes outside for days.

It's easier to keep diggers in:lol: I have one run on concrete - for fosters/bonders cos easier to clean - & one run on grass for long-term fosters after they've been panacured etc. I buy the odd square of grass to put in it:lol:

Only thing to watch out for is if your bun has thin hair on their hocks- like an English or a rex - they may be prone to sore hocks then & concrete won't help

ooh that sounds good hate to sound like a noob but how do you do that? :oops:

Get some seed trays, fill with compost, water, drain and scatter grass seed on top. Wait for grass to grow.

You can get all you need in places like wilkinsons :wave:

My buns quite like the patio area in the garden...they enjoy a good nibble on the grass...but never settle on it. Marmite will always settle on the decking or the patio :) as many others have said...it's great for keeping their claws down :D

My buns quite like the patio area in the garden...they enjoy a good nibble on the grass...but never settle on it. Marmite will always settle on the decking or the patio :) as many others have said...it's great for keeping their claws down :D

see I like that alot cus Joey is such a fidget! It's impossible to get his nails clipped lol I had to get the vets to do it :oops:

Back