• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonded buns fighting?

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Lottie and Albie have begun fighting, first of all it was whilst they were in the run and now its carrying on in the hutch....

They are chasing and fur pulling and its Albie who is bossing Lottie about :?

We have being feeding separate, due to Lottie taking all the food.

Only thing thats changed is Bo has a new partner (they all share the same run, obviously use it at different times)

What should i do?

are you sure they arent fighting to show who is boss?
Our boys used to fight every now and then just to make sure who was still boss. nothing magor happend to any of them.

i knoew Traceys Hippo and Roo go through bouts when they have scuffles ...:?..she has been on the verge of seperating a couple of times .. :?

i dont think spring helps much ... they all seem to get touchy at this time of year ...

i would keep a close eye on them for now and hopefully they will settle back down .

Angie

just thought ...have you any not neutered / spayed buns within smelling distance ...this is one thing that sets Hippo and Roo off ...especialy unspayed girls . :?

they're maybe being abit posessive due to bunny smells as the run will smell of other buns.

My lot also have spring fever so could be to do with that
x

I dont know whats causing it i put it down to the new female and yes she isnt spayed so i guess it could be that? Maybe?

They have been together for a good while so i guess it came as a shock, there both so placid, it shocked me. Never seen anything like it, well i have, ive never seen Lottie move so fast :shock: :lol:

Should i leave them to it or what? :?

ETA - they have never before being bothered about other bunnies. I used to have them in the run and some of my pairs free ranging and they were fine.

Its hard to say, as i was sat in Kitchen watching from Window, they were sat together and then Albie chased her into the "hay box" and she sat there for a while, got up and then he chased her again :?

Its literally this weekend it started, mum put them out and it kicked off, she rang me panicing lol. I told her to put them away, but i saw it myself today and was like :shock: :shock:

Its hard to say, as i was sat in Kitchen watching from Window, they were sat together and then Albie chased her into the "hay box" and she sat there for a while, got up and then he chased her again :?

Its literally this weekend it started, mum put them out and it kicked off, she rang me panicing lol. I told her to put them away, but i saw it myself today and was like :shock: :shock:

it must have been bad if its shocked you nat, given you bonded my rumbunxious house bunnies...

is he lunging for her?

hes maybe got a touch of the horn, but she doesn't want to be humped?

I guess i was shocked as they are SO laid back normally. They just lounge about all day, munching hay when it suits and readigrass and going crazy for pellets and veg.

Usually in the run, they do there own thing, sleeping, abit of running, playing in tunnels.

He isnt humping, he is going for her. I just saw Albie up in the air and then Lottie come flying from nowhere and was like right Ooooooook.

:roll:

I always thought Lottie was boss, maybe Albie is fed up and there having a "tiff"?

I guess i was shocked as they are SO laid back normally. They just lounge about all day, munching hay when it suits and readigrass and going crazy for pellets and veg.

Usually in the run, they do there own thing, sleeping, abit of running, playing in tunnels.

He isnt humping, he is going for her. I just saw Albie up in the air and then Lottie come flying from nowhere and was like right Ooooooook.

:roll:

I always thought Lottie was boss, maybe Albie is fed up and there having a "tiff"?

I think it does sound as though its spring fever, as it does seem strange... aslong as its not a proper fight i wouldn't be concerned. we still get problems with Bailey being chased but we're not worried anymore.

MAybe Albie is getting sick of it, however my only concern would be if she turns on him x

Hmmm, Lottie just looks fed up of it lol

I guess it could be Spring fever and with Tiffany being around (shes unspayed) Dont worry shes going to be done soon :D

I cant remember who had Lottie and Albie, was it Faye? I could PM her :)

Cottonmather? i think you're right...

I know amy didn't.

bless lottie, i think bailey gets like that but a couple of cuggles and hes right as reighn.

Awww how is tiff doin?

Yep it was Faye, have messaged her :wave:

Tiff is fine, shes really come out of herself since separated from Precious and same with Precious she is more confident. They both hid behind each other when they were together

Bo and Tiff are a beautiful couple, i keep meaning to get some piccies! :love: :love:

Yep it was Faye, have messaged her :wave:

Tiff is fine, shes really come out of herself since separated from Precious and same with Precious she is more confident. They both hid behind each other when they were together

Bo and Tiff are a beautiful couple, i keep meaning to get some piccies! :love: :love:

thought so,

awww thats really good to hear. and the rest of the clan?
yeah you should get some pics, would be lovely to see x

I dont know whats causing it i put it down to the new female and yes she isnt spayed so i guess it could be that? Maybe?

ETA - they have never before being bothered about other bunnies. I used to have them in the run and some of my pairs free ranging and they were fine.

Is the unspeyed female using the run or near it? If so, this, and the time of year is your answer. In the next few weeks there will be loads of threads like this appearing on the forum.

Is the unspeyed female using the run or near it? If so, this, and the time of year is your answer. In the next few weeks there will be loads of threads like this appearing on the forum.

my lot just start thumping now, spesh marsha and casper... i think you taught them that sooz x

I never knew Spring could cause problems. :oops:

And yes the unspayed female uses the same run and is housed above them. There in a double hutch.

I never knew Spring could cause problems. :oops:

And yes the unspayed female uses the same run and is housed above them. There in a double hutch.

Even neutered rabbits still respond hormonally to the change in temperature and the lenghtening of days, plus, they can smell the hormones very strongly in an intact rabbit and *seem* to react more severely to the smell of a doe than a buck. Certainly this is the case with my own bunnies.

Can you rearrange the accomodation at all? Often nothing serious develops but things can go wrong in just a split second, as you know.

Even neutered rabbits still respond hormonally to the change in temperature and the lenghtening of days, plus, they can smell the hormones very strongly in an intact rabbit and *seem* to react more severely to the smell of a doe than a buck. Certainly this is the case with my own bunnies.

Can you rearrange the accomodation at all? Often nothing serious develops but things can go wrong in just a split second, as you know.

Thanks.

The hutch is a double 7x2x2 so cant change it.
The most i could do is bring Lottie and Albie to my OH's house and place them in the playhouse and take a different pair back to my mums.
However i did want Lottie and Albie with me and did say to Jill this is how it would be soo...I guess for now i will stick with it and monitor them. There worse in the run, so i will get looking for another and will place it away from the other bunnies for now. :)

Back