• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smaller bun = smaller poos? Added: Hiccup question??

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
I've read on a few threads that small poos indicates a health problem but, if the bun is smaller then surely that means their poos will be smaller? Fidget's poos are so much smaller than Frankie's, but he is a fair bit bigger - Just want to see if this is normal...

Photo126.jpg

I'm such a panicky bunny mum at the mo!

Also...... Do rabbits get hiccups?

Last edited:
thats how i tell alvin and pearl poops apart.. his are about 2/3rds the size of hers and always have been :D

ive worked out after many panics that as long as they are squishable/moistish then they are good healthy poops... small rock hard stones send fear to my soul

thats how i tell alvin and pearl poops apart.. his are about 2/3rds the size of hers and always have been :D

ive worked out after many panics that as long as they are squishable/moistish then they are good healthy poops... small rock hard stones send fear to my soul

Yup, definitely squishy and moist - phew! Also very plentiful! :lol:

Yup, Zeb's are smaller than Flopsys, always have been.
And yeah they can get hiccups! Scared the life out of me when i first saw Flopsy get them :lol:

Yup, Zeb's are smaller than Flopsys, always have been.
And yeah they can get hiccups! Scared the life out of me when i first saw Flopsy get them :lol:

Haha yeah Frankie just scared me to death! Didn't help that he was flopped on his side at the time and i just screamed 'What's he doing?!' 'What the hell is he doing?!' to my OH and he just looked at me as if was nuts and said 'He's hiccuping you fool' :lol:

Marsha is a tiny winy mini lop and her poos are bigger than any of the buns... yet alyssas poos are smaller.

in some ways the smaller ones look better as they are paler. As my OH says, bigger is always better but you want to aim for big round golden balls :) Size wise my neddies are small, about the size of a frozen pea or a bit bigger, the other bunnies are usually about the size of a marrow fat pea or a bit bigger if that's any help at all.

in some ways the smaller ones look better as they are paler. As my OH says, bigger is always better but you want to aim for big round golden balls :) Size wise my neddies are small, about the size of a frozen pea or a bit bigger, the other bunnies are usually about the size of a marrow fat pea or a bit bigger if that's any help at all.

Thanks, yeh that helps, it is about the same proportion as frankie and fidget's. Fidget is a little hay hoover so that would explain why her poos look better. Frankie does eat his hay but not as much as i would like.

this panicked me as Thumpers used to be just like hay they fell apart and was so dry you touched them the crunmpled, now they are darker but smaller? :shock:

this panicked me as Thumpers used to be just like hay they fell apart and was so dry you touched them the crunmpled, now they are darker but smaller? :shock:

when alvin gets stasis his poops cant be squished... he always has had darker poops....i didnt know we could get golden poops out of buns till i met pearl :shock:

Back