• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone built their own hutch?

GBNI

Warren Scout
I need to buy Adrian a new hutch as he is getting neutured and will be getting a spayed girlfriend *hopefully* but I know his current hutch will be too small for two. The only problem here is the only hutches are in Pets At Home and the quality doesn't seem great and they are dubious in size. I can't order online as they add so much postage on top to send to Northern Ireland :( Or they just won't send her.

my dad built our hutch
6ft long, 2ft deep and 3ft high. it also has 2 tiers and bed chamber.

IMG_0837.jpg

its also inside the garage with a little tunnel coming out for more protection :)

im almost finished building a double level 6 footer hutch, it worked out cheaper than buying one and i was able to add hollow walls to put insulation in to make sure they are nice and snug next winter :)

here is my hutch so far...
garden6.jpg

garden1.jpg

I've just been looking at all the playhouse tpye housing and sheds and been looking online at prices and they are much cheaper (and bigger!) than buying hutches. I think I am gonig to go down this route instead :)

Back