• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits make me paranoid

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
I get so worried over the tinyest thing. After what happend to Eclipse I can see its going to get worse :( like, I know Jazz's teeth need regular burring and I know he has lumps under his chin and i've been told they are just lymph nodes I can't help but think otherwise :cry: argh im going crazy :(

Awwwww I know exactly how you feel, I feel like I am on my nerves all the time. When my mobby flashed up with a call from home and my heart skips a beat just in case someone is ill or something has happened (it's normally just Bryn seeing what we're having for tea). I wish I could say it gets easier, but to be honest it doesn't, you just cope better. Big hugs :(

I'm the same and it's one reason why I haven't got more buns yet. Bunnies are lovely, but gawd they are stressful!!

i know how you feell..
when i first lost harvey it was due to he couldnt wee.
we then brought toffee indoors for the day and i didnt see him do a single wee or poo! i got very paranoid!
But good news he eventually did a wee... on my leg :oops:

They do make us worry don't they, but they are worth it!

I still worry but find I'm able to put things into context a lot better and judge a situation - going on previous buns illnesses and vets treatments etc without worrying so much. If they show symptoms I haven't seen before etc I still panic tho! Although the internet and various rabbit care books are sometimes essential for putting your mind at rest :lol:

If I don't see them eating/drinking, or if they have a squidgy poop or two, but are still themselves generally - I will now try different things at home first (administer food/fluids orally, cut down on veggies, tummy rubs and infacol etc etc) without running to the vet every 5 minutes like I used to (with heart palpitations, my stomach in knots and a lump in my throat!) :oops::oops:

The more experience you get the quicker you tend to pick up on when things are not right! Although they do still catch you out sometimes :roll:

I think being able to read on the forum about others experiences, and the excellent advice experienced forum members and numerous rescue mommy's give, does offer some reassurance, and gives you more confidence too. At least we all care enough to worry about them :D So it is not that bad a thing I guess!

Im the same, im terrible for constantly checking and go into major panic if there seems to be anything even a little bit odd about them, even though 99% of the time they are fine!
Im always popping into the vets at least once a week just to ask them questions! Im pretty sure they'll get a restraining order against me soon!

I know how you feel, I am the same, especially when I read up about conditions rabbits can get, try not to let it worry you and enjoy them

I hadamber on my lap a month or so after i got her and i heard her tummy making some really loud gurgling. I kept listening, putting my ear to her tummy and yep, panic time. Then i realised it was actually MY tummy!!!!!!!

I know how you feel, I am the same, especially when I read up about conditions rabbits can get, try not to let it worry you and enjoy them

One of our vets and my OH give me a telling off for looking things up on the internet - as I worry myself... too much knowledge isn't a good thing apparantly as you then look for problems! :oops:

I can see where they are coming from though, as Snowy says when you start reading about all the different things that can go wrong.. you worry even more!

Back