• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any rescue Space for 2? (Pretty urgent)

Hopper

Mama Doe
Ive just been called asking if we can take in 2 buns but we are full. Im collecting 3 thursday/fri which has topped the limits of the rescue capacity and funds at moment due to alot of animals in.

The lady has 2 rabbits and they canot afford to keep them anymore, she is concerned as she said she went to the hutch to clean them out this morning and one has a really bad infection (where i dont know as she was panicky at this stage)

She has called rescues localy and they cant/wont help and she is very worried about the sick bun :(

They live Woodville DE11 area..

If anyone has space please pm me and i will send you contact number and name. I am really worried about the bun that has a infection.

Eeeeeeek Hopper,

Haven't got room but I feel we need to help these 2 out especially if 1 is suffering and needs veterinary attention. I don't believe these people have contacted us already but they are Derby way so can't be that far from us as we are on Derby border. Are they willing to bring the bunnies? I will be in all day tomorrow. pm me their details.

These 2 little buns have been picked up and just arrived here. I am so glad I had 2 star volunteers who were able to pick up these bunnies. 1 is in a really bad state and will need veterinary attention. :cry: I can't believe the owners had not done anything about getting them to a vets. If I didn't have medication here I would need to take them to an emergency vet tonight!!!

They are 2 unrelated, unneutered bucks!!! The injured one looks as if he has been somehow accidentally castrated. It is all so awful.

Make mine chocolate.........................I need to make mine a triple gin and tonic on the bl**dy rocks!!!! I might have to start that as a campaign!:lol::lol:

Well Done to you both :D

Its great to see other rescues helping each other out!!

Sending vibes for the bunnies ((())) xx

Oh dear. Thank god they are in a place of safety. Well done for taking them and for the volunteers who went and collected them.

I hope that the little lad will be ok. I have just finished cleaning him up and the leg is really badly infected. Both his testicles are severely injured but have clotted and become extremely hard lumps. He is on pain relief and antibiotics now at least. Fortunately he is eating and tucking into a big bowl of A&P and snatched some carrot tops clean out of my hand. I love this spritely little fella already.

His brother on the other hand is busying himself thumping constantly.

Must resist all tempation to keep them. I'll post photos soon.

How they doing today?

I cannot beleive just how bad these are. They were upset when called and I had a feeling it was going to be pretty bad, but wasnt expexting this!

It turns out the adults (parents) of the family had no interest in getting them seen to at a vets and it was actualy the teenage children who seeked helped for them.

Send them cuddles from me, poor lads :(

How they doing today?

I cannot beleive just how bad these are. They were upset when called and I had a feeling it was going to be pretty bad, but wasnt expexting this!

It turns out the adults (parents) of the family had no interest in getting them seen to at a vets and it was actualy the teenage children who seeked helped for them.

Send them cuddles from me, poor lads :(

Sucky parents but yey to the children - they need brownie points and encouragement to stop them becoming like their parents. Maybe send them updates when the buns are better and have their forever homes so that they know they did the right thing? Awful parents!

Sucky parents but yey to the children - they need brownie points and encouragement to stop them becoming like their parents. Maybe send them updates when the buns are better and have their forever homes so that they know they did the right thing? Awful parents!

Yes!! Exactly!! Great kids, they deserve some praise for this.

Are you going to report the parents to the RSPCA?? Surely there must be some penalty for this disgraceful neglect.

:censored: humans, I really hate them sometimes.

Just spoken to the vets and 'Sam' the name I have given to the poor little bun is not looking too rosey at all. Both legs, the anus, testicles and penis are really badly infected. I just cannot believe there was no sense of urgency about getting this poor bunny to us and had I not had volunteers last night god knows when this bunny would have been sorted.

We are now faced with a huge bill, the bunny might not survive (the vet has not given a very good chance of survival) and I have to go to the vets tomorrow and the day after with him. If this issue had been sorted out as soon as it had happened then the prognosis would have been a lot better.

Had a cry on the way back from the vets but it was so windy and rainy thank goodness that noone suspected my mascara running for that reason.

I HATE PEOPLE.

Oh no :(

Can you pass details onto rspca and take action against the family?

This is disgusting he been allowed to get like this, what the hell is wrong with people! :evil:

Fingers crossed for Sam, please pull through sam xx

Took a photo of him last night tucking in.

Sam3.jpg

Fingers crossed I am going to pick him up in the next couple of hours. When I spoke to vet he was just coming round from surgery. He is going to have such a tea and fuss tonight!

Back