• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Critical care and Oxbow

Jaypot

Mama Doe
:wave:

I have Timmy-Tickles and Fliss being syringe fed at the moment :( Now, they both take the Recovery fine but they also like the Critical care! So, I have been doing bowls of both for them to syringe feed:D

Thing is, they won't take just the Vetark CC or the Oxbow CC - they like it mixed together to form a bit of a thicker paste that I can syringe to them. Any thinner and they just let it trickle from their mouths :roll:

I can make my own Recovery by grinding down the SS but where is the cheapest places to get the Vetark CC and the Oxbow CC - I will need large ones of both :roll: Everywhere that I've looked seem so expensive and it's belt tightening time as it is :roll::lol: Trust my lot to want them both mixed together - mind you, I do have to say that it does seem more palateble for them :D

I wouldn't mind but I leave a dish with some of the CC (mixed:roll:) and some organic baby food for Timmy overnight and it's gone in the morning :lol: I think Chewy is liking it and he must get bored with the wet pellets that he has:lol: I don't mind him having this as he has terrible teeth problems himself so I know it's doing him good :love:

Any suggestions as to where are the cheapest places for the Vetark and the Oxbow CC very gratefully received :D

Back