• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Its Windy....

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
Its windy
so Whiskey is inside
what id like to know is - has anyone ammended their hutch/run to keep out the wind
I was thinking of making like perspex on wood to fit over the mesh
?

Last edited:
Its windy
so Whiskey is inside
what id like to know is - has anyone ammended their hutch/run to keep out the wind
I was thinking of making like perspex on wood to fit over the mesh
?

I use perspex sheets over the mesh of my homemade shed/avairy thing in bad weather. As said in another thread you need to be careful that the buns don't get cooked when the sun comes out! I attach the perspex by melting holes through it with a soldering iron and using tiny screws to attach it to the wood. I'll try and find some pics to show you what I mean :)

My hutches all have winter covers on and the runs have onduline (not sure how you spell it?) on to keep them dry and sheltered.

Here you go...

Onduline on the run and the insulated cover has 3 fronts - either fly mesh, waterproof or night cover (you can have 2 on at the same time). The cover goes down to the floor of the run:
tn_cover1.jpg

tn_cover2.jpg

Same type of cover on this one:
tn_cover3.jpg

tn_cover5.jpg

tn_cover4.jpg

Hope this helps?

Back