• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poorly Bunny!!

Bunnyx

Warren Scout
I have some sad news:( my bunny is very poorly....
Well....I went out as usual to feed the bunnies and noticed that pepsi hadnt
touched any of his pellets from last night, not even the fresh hay I put down
anyway I did think it was a bit odd as he always eats his food especially the pellets, then when I picked him up he was all floppy and I knew something was wrong - now just a few weeks ago he had a slight problem with his gut and this is exactly what he was like so I thought maybe he had it again, however I wasnt sure as there were fresh droppings in his hutch. Anyway I placed him on the ground and he just sort of flopped!! So I brought him inside and put him in his indoor cage with plenty of food and hay - as I had to go to school
Then when I got home he was much worse now led on his side so we called the vet and took him straight down the vet checked him over and said his gut was fine but his reflexes were poor and when he ran his hands down his spine he did nothing so he siad it may be a bug called E. cuniculi however I have always routinely wormed him with panacur so I dont think it would be he also said he may have banged into something or hit himself!! He wanted to keep him in overnight and said some rabbits do respond well others dont :(:(:(
Im really scared!! anyone ever had this happen to them!!! Do you think he will be ok?!! He said he will phone tomorrow morning to let us know how he is!

Your Bunny is in the best place to get the intensive treatment he needs.
Its impossible to say if he will respond to the treatment but I really hope that he does.

xx

i know this must be a worrying time for you but your bunny is totally in the right place. Sending loads of vibes for your baby and loads of hugs for you :love:

Sounds very similar to what happened to my Tippex. In her case it was E.c. She's fine now. Hope he get's better soon xx

update on pepsi

**UPDATE on pepsi**

Heyy well ive got some good news (I think) well better anyway we phoned the vets this afternoon to hear about pepsi and the nurse said everyone is spoiling him:D they have been picking him grass and bought him sum veg which he has eaten:D:D good signs!! They still want to keep him there for another night though as there still is a chance he could go downhill and he still isnt walking (well hopping) and they still want to give him some medication but anyway looking better than yesterday I know hes in good hands at least, thanks for all of your vibes x x x x x x x

good to hear he has shown signs of getting better.
i hope he gets even better still! get home soon Pepsi :love:

update

UPDATE**

SOME FANTASTIC NEWS!!!
the vets just rang and said pepsi has really come on in leaps and bounds!!!:D
He is looking much better and can hpefully come home tomorrow!!!
YEY!! Thanks again for all your vibes x x x x x:D:D

YEEEY HES HOMEE!!!!
omg i am sooo happy:D he looked so poorly on monday I just cant belive hes here back to his old self again lol and hes been eating like a horse!! hehe
It really makes you realise just how much you love them :D:D
thanks everyone x x x x x x x

Back