• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Savvy Vet near Tamworth/Midlands

I wonder if anyone can recommend a rabbit savvy vet in / near Tamworth, Staffs (Near Birmingham and/or East Midlands)

Depending on the result of this evenings appointment with the second vet I have tried.. I may well be looking for one tomorrow :D Does anyone around the area know a good rabbit savvy vet? I know it's hard to recommend as everyone has differing experiences, but I am finding that what my first vet was knowledgeable in the second vet isn't and vice versa.. need to mix them together=good vet!

We hope someone can help :rabbit2: :wave:

it depends how far you are willing to travel. Rebecca at the PVC in coventry is very good but obviously quite far away.

Hi Thanks for the info... there are 4 vets in Tamworth but I don't tink any are particularly rabbit savvy..

Saying that I am happy with the advice and treatment the vet gave last night, but will have to see how our bun progresses and if the treatment works. If not I will travel to the end of the earth to make sure my lil Toshi is back to good health :love:

He doesn't mind car journeys he sits on my passenger seat on his harness, with his head next to the gear stick waiting for mommy's hand to fuss him - when it's safe to do so that is! Although harnesses are not something I use regularly - he hates the carry case and gets very stressed in there.. he only goes in there when it's a staying at the vet jobby. Even then he is digging up any floor covering I put in, peeing in the corner then sitting in it with his lovely 4 inch long fur! Not nice :oops::)

I will go on the route planner and see how far it is in time etc. Thanks again I feel a bit better now I know there is someone rabbit savvy in this part of the UK if I need them :wave:

Hiya,

I live in Birmingham, and use the Pype Hayes Vetinary Centre.
My vet is very bunny savvy and keeps buns herself, heres the link to their website http://www.pypehayesvets.co.uk

Its not to far from the A38 minworth Island. The vet I use is Louise Coates.

Hope this helps

Pen x

That is excellent - I know where that is! I used to play at Pype Hayes Park collecting conkers when I was little!

Brilliant - thank you so much Fluffybunny you are a star :wave:

No probs hun, I'm off there myself tonight to have Sootys teeth checked.
Remember to see Louise if possible, she is very bunny savvy :D

Pen x

I go to Simon Paterson at Riversmeet.He got Daisy through her difficulties post spay,and he speaks to the buns not just to me:D

Louise has just phoned to say Sootys fine and i can collect him later, he had very slight curl on his back teeth that were just starting to rub his gum and must have been irritating him, he is very sensitive and the slightist thing will put him off his food.
She rasped them down under sedation, i really wouldn't trust anyone else with my bun.

I use Riversmeet for my other buns - but my Toshi bun has ongoing tum troubles and although they were great at treating him, I didn't feel Riversmeet were doing enough to identify and treat the root cause of his problem - just the symptoms..

Simon is a bit dishy :oops::lol::lol::lol: :shock: :oops::lol:

Louise has just phoned to say Sootys fine and i can collect him later, he had very slight curl on his back teeth that were just starting to rub his gum and must have been irritating him, he is very sensitive and the slightist thing will put him off his food.
She rasped them down under sedation, i really wouldn't trust anyone else with my bun.

Glad to hear it all went ok for Sooty.. it is good they did it under sedation too.

Toshi has had to stay in vets today for SubQ fluid injections.. I am in 2 minds whether to switch to Pype Hayes.. I really just want him better... he is such a character and I love him to bits... luckily I took him in before work as this vet is round the corner... but I think I will see how he is after today's 30 minute interval subq jabs and then I will post on the forum and see what everyone thinks.. as it is so hard to know if you/the vet is doing the right thing...

Back