• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daisy's operation is tomorrow / Update- she's home

giantbunnymummy

Warren Veteran
Daisy-Sunshine is going in for an operation tomorrow to remove a large abscess from her neck. It's her first GA and I'm dreading saying goodbye to her in the morning.

I've just been making her packed lunch, four types of hay, three tubs - one with pellets, one with chopped veg and herbs, one with dried nettle and coneflower and plantain and two pieces of dried pineapple. I've also taped a note onto the front of the bag with her name, d.o.b and what procedure she's in for. The vets will probably think I'm a lunatic.

Daisy has been the most loving bunny today, she's bestowed loads of bunny kisses, has flopped out next to me on the floor and let me stroke her tummy, and has sat on my lap for ages too.

The thought of my boisterous and fiesty bunny girlie being in pain and feeling weak and maybe not eating is so awful. I hope and pray i'll be logging in tomorrow to say everything is fine and it all went very well and she's ok.

Any vibes for my lovely girl tomorrow gratefully received!

Last edited:
im just as bad packing their overnite bag in case they stay in too:oops::oops:

but it also helps the nurses help oyur bunny so not so daft after all;)

all i can say is GOOD LUCK DAISY-SUNSHINE.........we will all be keeping our fingers crossed for you to be up and about as soon as you feel wel enough to after having that nasty silly thing removed. Be a good gilrie and do what the nice nurseys tell you to....they are looking fater you till mummy comes to get you xxx

i send al the spare vibes there are. xx

btw to solve your nerves...clear out the shed garage spare rooom..do some weeding etc....keep as busy as poss to help your nerves..its what i do..or i sit as a wreck awaiting THE phone call:oops:

Thanks for all the vibes.:wave:

Daisy is now home and seems to be doing ok. She's eaten some hay and some cabbage, drank lots of water and has had a wee, but no poos so far.

She's sleeping now on a cushion next to the radiator, so i'm going to let her rest for a while and then try and give her some more food.

We've been having a lovely cuddle since she's been home - as soon as I spoke to her she hopped out of her carrier and came straight over for a bunny kiss ad some fuss :D It's been lovely as I've been in a terribly nervous state all day worrying myself stupid about her.

The vet was able to remove the entire abscess and his closed up the wound, so no flushing required, and xrays came back clear - no teeth problems at all. Just waiting on results of microscopy, culture and sensitivity tests now - but in the mean time she has ceporex and baytril antibiotics, plus metacam for pain relief.

Just need some poos now.

Glad Daisy is ok! Hopefully she will start producing some poo's soon! Its good that she has eaten already.

x

Thanks rachie.

She's produced two ceacatrophs, but won't eat them (I've tried giving them to her but she's too busy eating her pellets and some more hay). Hopefully we're getting there though, as at least it shows her guts are working :D

Back