• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eddison Loves the Toilet?!

sidereus7

Mama Doe
My male rabbit who is getting neutered on Wednesday has had a weird behavioral issue for awhile. While he is a free range bun in my house, the bathroom is his home, as his water, food, and litter pan are in there. He spends most of his time laying down behind the toilet.

But sometimes, he will "talk" to the toilet. He chatters his teeth at it, only when his face is pressed really close. He doesn't do it with anything else. He does it in various positions, sometimes periscoping, other times just sitting there. He also licks the toilet excessively.

I've noticed this behavior has gone down since we got a new girl bunny in the house, but occasionally, he will still "chat it up" with the toilet.

Was the toilet his "replacement" bun when he was a bachelor? Is this normal??

mm i had a bun with a fixation for our downstairs toilet..was shocked to discover the toilet was actually leaking a litle behind the toilet and aorund the base seal.....

um little known fact but bunnies are actually attracted to the smell of human urine:oops::oops:

Back