• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

PLEASE help I'm freaked out and no vets are open!!! U/D BABIES ARE HERE!!! OMG OMG

kerry-123

Mama Doe
I've just noticed a lump of Scoochs fur in his mouth =S, and a pile of it in the corner I'm really freaked out and worried about him. He's a very fluffy bunny and I thought he was just going through his first moult cus there were loose hairs when I was combing him and petting him, he hasn't been eating as much the past two days but has been drinking, he is just eating his hair I've lifted all the loose hair out of his cage and he is rummanging around in that spot now to look for it =S help I'm really worried has anyone else had this problem?

Last edited:
You need to watch him very carefully - if he's not eating it may be the fur is causing an obstruction. I'd groom him daily to remove as much loose fur as you can while he's moulting, but check that he's passing droppings as well as eating. Rabbits can go downhill really quickly, so if you feel he's not behaving normally or he stops eating take him straight to a rabbit savvy vet....

Is he definitely a boy? Girls can fur-pull too if they're building nests...

Hmmm.... sounds like a girlie nest building too me. Fingers crossed it isnt! Can you have a go at sexing him/her? How old is he? If he is over 16 weeks his testicles should have dropped so you should be able to see them. If not try looking here...

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?p=2614165#post2614165

ooooh looorrrdd...I pray its not cus then the babies will be inbred and won't stand a chance what will I do if it is a girl and pregnant :shock: I mean, what will become of the babies...would they even survive?

Last edited:
Phantom pregnancy like where they are pregnant but you don't realise or they are not pregnant but act like it??

my girls aren't spayed and they start building nests in spring - they're definitely not pregnant! :) I always give them extra hay if they are nesting because they like to take all the eating hay for the nest - and I don't disturb the nest for about 2 weeks, just clean around it - If you remove it they will get distressed and make another, whereas if you leave it they lose interest after a couple of weeks :)

my girls aren't spayed and they start building nests in spring - they're definitely not pregnant! :) I always give them extra hay if they are nesting because they like to take all the eating hay for the nest - and I don't disturb the nest for about 2 weeks, just clean around it - If you remove it they will get distressed and make another, whereas if you leave it they lose interest after a couple of weeks :)

Okay so if (he) is actually a girl... Not a Scooch but a Sandy then the best outcome will be that she isn't pregnant. I'm just worried about him (or her) not eating as much lately, but he has been drinking and eating hay =/

Is s/he with any other rabbit, or has had contact with them?
S/he lived with his brother for months since they were 6 weeks old but Joey started to run away when he/she humped him (he/she was the first to start humping if that helps) then joey began to get all hormonal then I seperated them. I never seen him humping him/her but I just seperated them when he started to fight with him/her

Hmmm.... sounds like a girlie nest building too me. Fingers crossed it isnt! Can you have a go at sexing him/her? How old is he? If he is over 16 weeks his testicles should have dropped so you should be able to see them. If not try looking here...

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?p=2614165#post2614165

Hmm talking about nests he/she is concentrating on one corner of the cage :shock: and barely leaving it seems to be fussing over it alot :shock:

Sounds to me like maybe it is a girl and she could be pregnant. I'd leave the fur alone and keep an eye on her. There is lots of advice on here re pregnant rabbits. Good luck.

Omfg Babbies Are Here
Omg Omg Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Have you checked for testicles? If your rabbit is 6 months old they should be very noticable! I really hope he is a he! Are you sure he/she was eating it?

How long have your bunnies been apart as then you would be able to work out if its possible your bunnies having babies

You have to leave the mum to the babies, and put the fur you removed in another corner of her cage and if she wants to move it she can!

Are the babies in the nest?

Back