• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some of the chickens and ducks.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Garcon, with Buffy and Silvie.
IMG_0042.jpg

Galaxy, with Jemima and Henrietta.
IMG_0046.jpg

Raffles.
IMG_0018.jpg

Rusty, with Lacey in front.
IMG_0020.jpg

The 2 east indie ducks, Ollie and Iris.
IMG_0012.jpg

Quaffle and 3 of his girls.
IMG_0005.jpg

erm erm they looked like the usual orange colour... the ones people eat most probably they was in the field next to stes moms house...loads of em... i have pics on my phone but the bluetooth thing dont seem to work :evil:

beautiful ladies tho and very vocal :love::love::love::love: (they liked skips too :lol::lol::lol:)

I quite like the old fashioned brown hens.
The first 6 we got with Galaxy were bought and chosen for different egg colours. The rest were rehomes or rescues.

i was gonna steal some.. but the life i could offer them in my tiny yard was nothing compared to the lovely huge field and great big tin shed they had to sleep in... im so jealous im a city girl sometimes :oops:

He certainly is a handsome boy...his colouring is stunning. Lucky ladies lol :) x

It's how he found his name. The character called Garcon in Walt Disney's Beauty and the Beast has these 3 swooing, buxom , blonde maids following him, well Buffy and Silvie were like that when he joined them. They used to push their chests out and run after him.:lol:

They are all characters, Ollie, the east indie drake gets a wellie boot fetish in the spring, you can't walk without him trying to get your welllies.:roll:

Sounds good, the white ducks are ex-commercial layers and although people talk about battery hens, ex-free range hens are culled at 18-24 months as well, so if you struggle to get batterys its something else to consider.

we are not ready for them yet but if any1 knows where i can find ex battery,ex-commercial layers or ex-free range hens then please feel free to pm me:D would be nice to see them get out in the open and enjoy them selfs:)

Back