• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

using perspex on the hutch?

this may seem a daft question, but i have been considering using perspex on the 'bedroom' area door on diegos hutch. i mean instead of using ply board etc, i thought about perspex as we could still see in to check if they are ok without opening the door and it could have a cover to go over if they needed it be dark. they would be able to get to it to chew it so that wouldnt be a problem

or do you think bunnies should have some privacy ;)

I use perspex to make shutters for cold weather. I find the buns like to be able to see out. You can always offer a cardboard box for them to sleep in :)

Just to clarify I use perspex sheets in the winter only: I've no desire to cook my bunnies....! I also have large overhanging rooves and they are in a shady part of the garden anyway. If we get a freakishly warm day in winter the buns can go into the runs to cool off :)

i thought of that but the hutch is inside a huge shaded run and rarely gets full sun on it and it would only be on the one small door for their bedroom

not decided yet but i know Diego adores being nosy especially from the comfort of his bed :lol::lol:

im looking to put persepex or something over run to make wind/waterproof - not in the sunm!!!!!
any one else doen thuis - any pics

I've got plastic on a couple of my runs, this is the best picture I have of one

HPIM1202.jpg

Back