• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

crying sound,help still doing it!!

steph1705

Warren Scout
When i came down this morning frosty was sat making a very odd noise,it sounded like a puppy crying.I have never heard a bun make this noise before. :roll:Any idea what it means???

Last edited:
They cry like this when frightened or in pain. i would keep a very close I on her and try to find out what the cause was.

Yeah, like lilbun said, I would just keep an eye on him. Just make sure he's eating and pooping.

Bea makes that noise when she's frightened, like when I'm trying to syringe feed her. She doesn't like it at all.

:wave: Bif makes that noise when im trying to catche ehr for the vets or give ehr medication. She also did it when bandit was being pts:(

i just dont get it he seems fine he is eating,drinking and pooping fine but everynow and then he makes that sound like a puppy. he was just laid out sorta sleeping and started crying again:roll: did it for a min and stopped!

hmmm i cant be 100%,i have never heard a bunny tummy gurgle:roll: he kinda twitches (not massive twitches tho) when he makes the sound

Rabbits make all sorts of vocal sounds. They often make quiet whimpering sounds when dozing, most often when they are going into a deep sleep. I have a bun staying with me at the moment who is very vocal while dozing! I thought it was a neighbours dog crying in the garden, so put my tv on mute but it was just him sleeping! :lol:

oh i see:lol: my sister said awww he is dreaming i was a bit:roll: about that. i def dont think he is ill cos binking around the kitchen right now

oh i see:lol: my sister said awww he is dreaming i was a bit:roll: about that. i def dont think he is ill cos binking around the kitchen right now

They do dream! in the same way cats and dogs do in terms of the twitching and involuntary movements :)

Sounds like he's just taking naps to me! :lol:

When a bunnies tummy rumbles its just like when our tummy rumbles :D Any odd thing is worrying when it comes to bunnies and ive had a few scares, taken the bunny/s to the vet to fine out its normal :oops:

When i first got a bunny, Thumper, i didnt know they ate a certain type of poo and took him to the vets only to be told its normal :oops: I felt so stupid :lol:

Its good that you care and ask........always better to be safe than sorry and if in doubt go to the vet :wave:

Hope your bunny is ok xx

Honey makes a kind of cooing noise when she is sleeping, like a dove cooing, which might be the sound your bunny is making. She makes a different noise when she is frightened (when you pick her up which she doesn't like), like a whimper.

Back