• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bea needs vibes...I need cuddles...=[

Kenno

Warren Scout
Yesterday....

I went shopping during the day, now my rabbits hutch is a double hutch and I have a run attached. I have patio slabs on one side and grass (mud) on the other side. When I'm out I put a piece of wood in so they can't go on the grass part but still have an area to play in.

When I got home from shopping, I went to take the wood out and I could see Bea and something wasn't right. I threw off the plastic covering and she was just lay on her side. Her legs sticking out, one was resting on the ramp and her body was twisted round the door with her head hanging out the hutch. I've done a little diagram:

Bea.jpg

Well that was it, I was absolutely hysterical. I ran off inside screaming for my mum, she came rushing out. I ran back to the hutch and sat there for a second and just cried. My mum was like "Lauren, stop crying you need to help her!" So with that I dove(sp) into the hutch and scooped her up. She was all floppy and wasn't moving, breathing but not moving. I carried her inside and sat with her in my arms whilst my mum rang the vets and got the carry case. Poor Tomee, who usually likes to clamber on me when I get in the run, sat there looking scared and rather confused.

We rushed to the vets and went straight in as it was closing time. This isn't my regular vets as my vets doesn't open on weekends. He examined her, nothing was broken, but she didn't really want to move much. He said it could be 2 options, she had fallen down the ramp and went into shock and couldn't get up or it could be the start of head tilt with her being lying on her side and not wanting to move much. He gave her a shot of metacam and I've got to do a course of panacure on her and Tomee.

She's been inside since, she didn't move much yesterday evening and we've not eaten much either. But we're running around my feet at the moment I just need to make sure she eats abit more.

Thanks everyone! :)

She seems much better in herself, she's abit lathargic(sp) though. She's just nibbling bits of hay and greens. I'm going to get my sister to come round in abit and help me give her some recovery.

Back