• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

neautering in newcastle area ?

sarahjayne

Young Bun
i need some advice!.. not sure if this is best part to ask for this ?

i have 2 bunnies one female approx 7 months old and a boy which was born on xmas day so is nearly 3 months old..they are kept in seprate cages inside..problem i have is well i am having to kept them well seprate as they both spraying like mad..as boy is too young i a looking at getting my female one neautered as i know its best for her to avoid cancer etc

i was wondering if anyone in newcastle area who has had they bunnies done can recommend any vets.. who are good and well a good price??

thanks in advance:)

i live in newcastle!!!!! well theres rowlands gill wich has a pet hotel! and the vets amazing!! the metro center, rspca do it for free up in newcastle!!!, theres loads!!!xx:)

i live in newcastle!!!!! well theres rowlands gill wich has a pet hotel! and the vets amazing!! the metro center, rspca do it for free up in newcastle!!!, theres loads!!!xx:)

rspca do it free ??? but dont you need too be on some sort of benefits to get it done for free ???

i hate the thought of her going though it but i know its best for her and well it might callm her down a bit aswell shes a hyper larry:lol:

i need some advice!.. not sure if this is best part to ask for this ?

i have 2 bunnies one female approx 7 months old and a boy which was born on xmas day so is nearly 3 months old..they are kept in seprate cages inside..problem i have is well i am having to kept them well seprate as they both spraying like mad..as boy is too young i a looking at getting my female one neautered as i know its best for her to avoid cancer etc

i was wondering if anyone in newcastle area who has had they bunnies done can recommend any vets.. who are good and well a good price??

thanks in advance:)

You do have a very good rabbit vet over in newcastle, I'll have to try and remember which surgery she is based at though.

If you intend on keeping them together, it is probably best to have both neutered, as while you are doing the right thing health wise via your doe, there is still a good chance that your buck will constantly mount. Whilst your doe will not be able to get pregnant, there's a possibility that the mounting may cause issues and fighting, as bucks tend to be quite amorous!

Personally I use a vet over in Sunderland who is extremely rabbit savvy, but there are some people on here that are based more central Newcastle that may know of some closer to home. Where is it exactly that you live...

rspca do it free ??? but dont you need too be on some sort of benefits to get it done for free ???

i hate the thought of her going though it but i know its best for her and well it might callm her down a bit aswell shes a hyper larry:lol:

The RSPCA do sometimes do neutering schemes, but it is helpful to bear in mind that they are a charity and are run on donations. Too many people take advantage of neutering schemes when they should consider the cost of neutering before they take on the pet :)

i am in the middle of sunderland and newcastle to be honest i live in hebburn..i am gonna get sooty( male ) done when hes old enough..hes got such a lovely nature sits on my knee for ages and loves cuddles..he was a emm suprise as i was not looking for another rabbit but a friend of a friends bunnies had babies and needed to get rid and she was talking about letting them run free:( and i couldnt bear that so saved him

i am in the middle of sunderland and newcastle to be honest i live in hebburn..i am gonna get sooty( male ) done when hes old enough..hes got such a lovely nature sits on my knee for ages and loves cuddles..he was a emm suprise as i was not looking for another rabbit but a friend of a friends bunnies had babies and needed to get rid and she was talking about letting them run free:( and i couldnt bear that so saved him

Ah ok, you could use my vet who is based in Fulwell.... I would think it was easier than going into central Newcastle!

I'm pleased you saved sooty! :)

Ah ok, you could use my vet who is based in Fulwell.... I would think it was easier than going into central Newcastle!

I'm pleased you saved sooty! :)

you have idea how much i am looking at ?
fulwell not far only about 10 min drive from here..they number in phone book ?

thanks for this...its just last time i had a rabbit i was living miles away so not sure of vets round here x

Judith Brown, who works with First Vets is absolutley fab! I attend one of there practices, and have had no bother with them
They done a fantastic job of Pipers spay, kept me up to date every step of the way & listened to my concerns! I totally recommend them!
It costs about £58 to get a female rabbit spayed with them. Its also Judith who does all the small animal operations too :)

http://www.cvsukltd.co.uk/firstvets.htm have practices in central newcastle etc

They have a few practices! very reasonable prices aswell. I pay about £30 for a VHD & Myxi per bun, £58 for a female neuter and £73ish for a male! Gut stasis treatment has ranged from £40 to £50

Last edited:
Judith was the vet I was referring to... she's very good.

Another vet at one of her practices is questionable though, and Judith works within their branches, so if you are going to use them make sure you ask for her in particular.

I use vets4pets in Fulwell. It's about £60 for a spay. It would be worth ringing and checking though as sometimes they have 'deals' on... vaccinations are £15.50 each. You need to ask for an appointment with Honor. :)

thanks a lot i now have some people too ring on monday and see when they can fit her in.. i want her done asap with it starting to get nice..as i am looking at putting them outside...but i want her done so shes fit for outside etc...so was also looking at getting they injections done aswell

your stars thanks for the help:)

Judith was the vet I was referring to... she's very good.

Another vet at one of her practices is questionable though, and Judith works within their branches, so if you are going to use them make sure you ask for her in particular.

I use vets4pets in Fulwell. It's about £60 for a spay. It would be worth ringing and checking though as sometimes they have 'deals' on... vaccinations are £15.50 each. You need to ask for an appointment with Honor. :)

Great minds think alike Angela :lol::lol::lol: I know a local rescue use Judith too - for surgeys animals are taken to thier Chillingham Road surgery in Newcastle, where Judith does the ops so i doubt itll matter what branch you go to either! :D

im from south shields and i use blythmans i havnt had my female done yet but had my male done about a month ago and they were great it cost £56 and that included his check up the following day, i even had to take my dog to the emergency one in gosforth after a dog fight after hours and after they operation they rang me at 2 in the morning to tell me his op went well and then on the evening the next day when i took him home to see if he was ok

Back