• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My poor Biscuit :( U/D - She's gone :'(

BunnyBekkie

Warren Veteran
Biscuit has always been a sneezy bunny. Ever since she was 6 months old. She suffers with tear duct problems, and has to have them flushed every so often.
As some of you will know, she became very ill last year and we nearly lost her, but thankfully she made a full recovery. She had to have quite a few teeth removed though. Since then, her tear ducts haven't been giving her anywhere near as much hassle, but still if she gets really exited abut something and really starts to sniff, then she makes herself have a sneezing fit.
Recently her sneezing fits have been getting worse. She seems to be getting really stressed out by them and they seem to tire her out. She's just had the worst one yet, which resulted in her screaming :shock::cry: She took ages to calm down again afterwards. I tempted her with a tiny bit of tiger bread and now she's back to her normal self.

Her eye isn't weepy and she's her normal self, so I don't think it's her tear ducts again, but then again, I'm not a vet and she's the only bunny I've had that's sneezy. Any of you guys have an idea what's making her sneeze??

Last edited:
Poor little girl.
Could be dust, allergies, bacterial infection I guess. All you can do is look for a trigger and avoid it.

She's allergic to straw to we avoid that. I've always wondered if it's hayfever :? I have hayfever and was sneezing and had an itchy throat shortly after she had her mental fit

Really?! I never knew that :?
I knew cats could, but guessed bunnies weren't affected by it with them living in fields. Hmmmmm... I'll look into it...

She's missing quite a few molars. Thats what used to cause her to flare up, but she's been ok since she's had a load removed.
When her tear duct would get blocked before, her face would go puffy on that side, her eye would weep and be really gunky and she'd have a slightly blocked nose. Now she just sneezes :?

awhhh poor biscuit! that must have been scarey for you! I had a bunny that seemed to sneeze from dust so i started using dust free hay and he was much better and i have heard of rabbits with hay fever. Molars are also a pain! have you ever had an xray done to see where the tooth roots are?

i just saw facebook.. is biscuit really gone :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

binky free baby girl... im so sorry i never got to meet you xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
awww big hugs to biccy, it could be down to the comfey hay as its quite dusty x

We've not used Comfey for ages. We use great big bales now. Work out a lot cheaper.

Yes. Biscuit did go to the bridge this morning. I was out doing deliveries for work and on my way home I got a phonecall from Martyn saying he really needed the vets number. As soon as he said it was Biscuit I rushed home. I've never driven so fast in my life. He'd already told me she'd almost gone, so I started bawling my eyes out as I was driving. I felt numb, and it's amazing I made it home.
When I got home he'd put her in a box all ready to take and I rang the vet. He was already there so we were straight in. I told him on the phone we were prepared to have her PTS as she was just floppy and struggling to breathe. Her tummy was so huge and swollen. The vet said it was more than likely a blockage in the gut. Nothing to do with her teeth. We decided it was her time to go, and the vet put her to sleep. I never stopped stroking her ears and holding her paws. She went so peacefully.
When we got her home afterwards, I put her body down on the floor in my living room so Wuzzle could see her. Poor little mite never left her side. He kept snuggling right up to her :cry: It broke my heart to take her away from him. At least he got one last snuggle from her.

I can't beleive she went to suddenly. She's left such a hole, and I doubt anybun could ever fill it.
My Mum even said that she was such a lucky bunny. She'd had so many health problems these last 2 and a half years she doubts that she would've even got this far if she was with anyone else. I miss her so much :cry:

Thanks for all the messages xx

We've not used Comfey for ages. We use great big bales now. Work out a lot cheaper.

Yes. Biscuit did go to the bridge this morning. I was out doing deliveries for work and on my way home I got a phonecall from Martyn saying he really needed the vets number. As soon as he said it was Biscuit I rushed home. I've never driven so fast in my life. He'd already told me she'd almost gone, so I started bawling my eyes out as I was driving. I felt numb, and it's amazing I made it home.
When I got home he'd put her in a box all ready to take and I rang the vet. He was already there so we were straight in. I told him on the phone we were prepared to have her PTS as she was just floppy and struggling to breathe. Her tummy was so huge and swollen. The vet said it was more than likely a blockage in the gut. Nothing to do with her teeth. We decided it was her time to go, and the vet put her to sleep. I never stopped stroking her ears and holding her paws. She went so peacefully.
When we got her home afterwards, I put her body down on the floor in my living room so Wuzzle could see her. Poor little mite never left her side. He kept snuggling right up to her :cry: It broke my heart to take her away from him. At least he got one last snuggle from her.

I can't beleive she went to suddenly. She's left such a hole, and I doubt anybun could ever fill it.
My Mum even said that she was such a lucky bunny. She'd had so many health problems these last 2 and a half years she doubts that she would've even got this far if she was with anyone else. I miss her so much :cry:

awww hun, she was a lovely and very lucky bunny, she could have easily ended up with a mummy that didn't care, but she didn't. she got two amazing bunny parents and a lovely bunny husbun.

Im in shock Bekkie, im so sorry :cry:

give wuzz a snuggle for me x

i'm crying with you:cry:..that is so sad and you did all you could for her. I lost a bunny to a blockage and she was fine one minute then just hours later passed away/.
Hopefully wuzzle will be able to cope now he has seen her and he will understand more. i really do think it helps to do that although heartbreaking it is!
Biscuit was a lucky bunny...

That just made me cry :cry: I'm so sorry Bekkie, Biscuit was obviously so loved and she was so lucky to have you as her mum. Thinking of you xx

Back