• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

shampoo

its on his back to one side of his shoulder,its a bit like the patch the dogs gets after having frontline on. i will give it a little wash when my daughter is not about later:lol:

it's no good for rabbits to shampoo them, they are like cats naturally cleaning their fur.. They skin is very delicate .. In addition they can catch cold.. and it is a source of stress for them..

In case of real dirt or diarrhea, just take a cloth with temperate water, not too warm and not cold to clean the area and dry it afterwards with a towel

My Phoebe is very prone to icky bums so gets bathed. Hes used to being bathed though so hes good as gold when he goes in
I have a bottle of Tescos baby shampoo (cheaper than buying Jhonsons) - its quite mild and a little bit goes a long way! i usally give a rinse to get the excess off (have a mixer tap) then shampoo him.
I really would advise trying cornflour at first though and only using bathing as a complete last resort!
Its really important that thier dry and warm too when thier wet, I towel dry Phoebe off, then wrap him in a nice big fluffy towel which is dry and sit with him till he drys!

Back