• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eating, but not at normal rate/he's gone

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
When I fed eclipse today he wasn't as entusiastic about his food like he normally is. He ate some then went and sat down. I'm at work, so I phoned my mum and she said he still has some pellets left which is unusual for him. Could this be because the weather has got warmer? I'll offer him some greens when I get home.

Last edited:
He's done a few poos, small ones though, he's had a nibble on his greens but has not drank anything today. He's now lying in the back of his hutch and keeps pressing his belly on the floor. He's still eating though. Does this warrent an emergency vet visit?

He's done a few poos, small ones though, he's had a nibble on his greens but has not drank anything today. He's now lying in the back of his hutch and keeps pressing his belly on the floor. He's still eating though. Does this warrent an emergency vet visit?

Yep I reckon. Belly pressing indicates pain: has he been moulting a lot recently?

Illmoniter him for an hour or so then make a desicion. He's still eating. If he wasn't he'd be straight up the vets!

Fair enough. Don't leave it too long though: apart from anything else emergency clinics tend to be even more expensive in the middle of the night!

Have a feel of his tummy. If it's hard or bloated get your coat on...if soft and squidgy you could try a bit of gentle massage and maybe some infacol if you have some.

Small poos aint good but atleast he is still passing something! Do you have Metacam at hand?
And i suggest doing what lilbun suggested, feel his tummy!

Good Luck, keep us posted :)

Not sure if his helps...but Marmite has not eaten much of his pellets-which is a little unusual for him, but he has gobbled all his greens!! I gave him a little bit of carrott, which he munched on straight away...so maybe your bun is just not in the mood for his pellets-so offer him some of his fave foods if it encourages him to eat. A really good way to ensure buns get some water...is to damp their fur with it (not drench) and they lick it off!! It's a seaky way of ensuring their getting some fluids. I've done it with Marmite and my cat :D

Back