• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue HELP needed please please

steph1705

Warren Scout
Hi some of you will have read about the two little girly buns i rescued from my sisters neighbour,if not here is their first post http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=170931.
Anyway my problem is i saw the family yesterday and they have said they are going to clean up the rabbits little house and they want them back!!!!:roll::censored:
Im in a very difficult position here and dont know what to do,i cant cause trouble by not letting them take them back cos will cause my sister problems.I dont want to give the rabbits back to them so i NEED to rehome them. I can meet someone half way etc. They are lovely little buns very scatty but slowly getting better,they are good eaters and have had their mixi vacs.They like each other so i want them to stay together if possible. PLEASE PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP!!!:roll:

EDT: To stop future miss understandings,not asking any1 to do anything illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I would edit this if I was you as it is technically illegal. You could end up getting into a lot of trouble. I think the best thing you can do is report it to the RSPCA if you are concerned about the rabbits.

Given that animals are seen as property in the eyes of the law, surely they wouldn't have a leg to stand on legally. You can't give something to someone and then decide you want it back a few weeks later... well you can but I don't see how they'd have a legal right to it :?
And then they'd have to prove that the rabbits are their's anyway which it seems impossible to do unless they're micro-chipped.

Agree edite your post quickly..arranging to steal animals is a crime

Sadly if they do clear up the area and you don't give them these ones they will probably buy others.
If they do improve area coulodn't you then go round now and again to help with them?

I would edit this if I was you as it is technically illegal. You could end up getting into a lot of trouble. I think the best thing you can do is report it to the RSPCA if you are concerned about the rabbits.
How exactly is this illegal??????????
RSPCA dont make me laugh they did nothing thats why they are with me now!!!!!!!!!

i think you are miss understanding what i am saying:)
'STOLEN' is what i would tell them happened,IM NOT ASKING ANYONE TO DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!

i am asking if anyone or a rescue on here can take these buns off me so they dont go back to where i got them from.They will not improve the conditions they will clean it out and thats about it how long will that last,i can tell you not very long at all:censored:

Last edited:
i think you are miss understanding what i am saying:)
'STOLEN' is what i would tell them happened,im not asking any1 to do anything illegal!!!!!!!!
i am asking if anyone or a rescue on here can take these buns off me so they dont go back to where i got them from.They will not improve the conditions they will clean it out and thats about it how long will that last,i can tell you not very long at all:censored:

That would put a rescue in a very difficult position. Rescues are full at the moment anyway. The best thing you can do is as Honeybunny suggested and let them have them back, check their accommodation and give them advice and help them out. Chances are they may get bored of them after a while and give them to you. Sorry if I don't sound very sympathetic but you really need to the do right thing or you could end up in a lot of trouble.

GIVE THEM BACK!! NO WAY!!
What are rescues for if not to help animals!
I really dont see how im going to get into trouble im simply asking if anyone on here or a rescue will take 2 buns from me??? to save them the hell they lived in before!

That would put a rescue in a very difficult position. Rescues are full at the moment anyway.THATS A GOOD REASON TO GIVE ANIMALS BACK TO PEOPLE WHO DONT CARE FOR THEM IS IT Sorry if I don't sound very sympathetic but you really need to the do right thing or you could end up in a lot of trouble.WHATS THE RIGHT THING?? I DID THAT DIDNT I,I GOT THEM OUT OF THERE,NOW YOUR TELLING ME TO LET THEM GO BACK???

:( thought id get a better response then GIVE THEM BACK:(:cry:

if i was you, i would say that the accomodation that they used to be in is not suitable for them, and explain why.

say you are happy to give the bunnies back providing they increase their accomodation size, and clean them out regulary etc.

Explain to them what RSPCA say is an adequate size for them. Hopefully they will think its not wrth the bother.

Am i right in thinking you havent stolen them or anything, they gave them to you and now they want them back?

xx

They could kick up a right fuss if you don't, sorry. If they had signed some sort of agreement handing them over to you or said you could keep them it would be a different matter.

I think the point you're missing is you are saying on a public forum that these animals belonged to other people..and you are now going to tell them they were stolen..which is untrue
people are just advising you that you should not be posting this on a public forum

and my point about them getting others is one you should think about..are you going to keep stealing their rabbits?
As sad as it is and no one would want to give them back..it "may" be better for you to offer to help them look after these..if the area has been improved

and you are asking for a rescue to do something illegal..and as much as we may see why..we would put at risk all the work we do if we got involved with this plan of yours...sorry

Just had another thought. Have they been paying for the food, hay and upkeep of the bunnies. If not I would ask them for the money for that to. That might also put them off. How exactly did you get them. Did they just hand them over saying they didn't want them anymore or just ask you to look after them for a while?

I would re-home them immediately, not say they are stolen, but that an 'unnamed' friend now has them and sadly they can't be returned.

im sorry but i would not rehome them or give them back i wouldnt make excuses not to either i would just tell them what i thought or just say sorry but im not giving them back to you, you relinquished ownership of these animals and that would be it. as for sister getting grief my sister would stand by my decision and give them it back

I think the point you're missing is you are saying on a public forum that these animals belonged to other people..and you are now going to tell them they were stolen..which is untrue
people are just advising you that you should not be posting this on a public forum

and my point about them getting others is one you should think about..are you going to keep stealing their rabbits?
As sad as it is and no one would want to give them back..it "may" be better for you to offer to help them look after these..if the area has been improved

and you are asking for a rescue to do something illegal..and as much as we may see why..we would put at risk all the work we do if we got involved with this plan of yours...sorry

I get what your saying but technically they belong to me now SO IM NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG HERE.
I didnt steal them from them they gave them to me,but now they have ask if they can have them back. im sorry but how is it illegal from me to ask a rescue to take them off me?

Back