• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how long to wait?

mimi75

Alpha Buck
hi,i was just wondering(regarding my post in rabbit welfare''help with homeless bun'' how long an acceptable time would be to wait for my little homeless buns owners to claim him,before i had to think about rehoming him?(if i could part with him by then of course:roll:)

I would wait a minimum of 14 days ensuring that I have put up lots of posters, contacted local vets and rescues.

ok that sounds a reasonable length of time.i can put up posters telling them to contact one of the vets surgeries so i don't have to plaster my contact info all up the high street!

We did this in November and i think there are still some up now, (i must take them down) goodluck hun xxx

Have you informed the RSPCA who I think have a national 'lost and found' hotline which people can enquire on if they have lost a bun?

Do I take from the tone of your post that you hope he isn't claimed......?:lol:

Have you informed the RSPCA who I think have a national 'lost and found' hotline which people can enquire on if they have lost a bun?

Do I take from the tone of your post that you hope he isn't claimed......?:lol:

thanks for that,i will check that out tomorrow.as for hoping he isn't claimed well...you know what us bunny lovers are like:roll::lol:!!!i hope that if someone loved +misses him that they are reunited for a happy ending,my husband has already posed the question''what if no one comes for him''(with a very panic stricken tone)to which i replied''well we will cross that bridge when we come to it!!!'' by that(obviously) I mean''we'll keep him of course-stupid!!!'':lol:

just sat veging out today with my little stray bunny.i haven't named him yet as i'm worried it will make me more attatched(although secretly he looks like a wally!:D)he is sat on the settee with me as i type this-sat on a towel because last night he jumped up,backed onto me and did a massive weewee:roll:he is a little sweetheart though.i registerd him with the rspca today and another animal uk search just incase some body out there is missing him.he is such a poppet.:love:at least he has a good home here untill someone comes for him.

Back