• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those hexagonal pens...

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
...does anyone use theirs outdoors often? Do they rust?

I dont have the packaging off mine so don't know what they're made of.

the ones that look like this:

5472_p.jpg

well exactly....i keep my spare one in the attic but want to use it for supervised outdoor play... i can't keep dragging it in and out the attic but don't want it to get ruined outside :?

i have two of these runs and only one pannel has a tiny bit of rust! other than that they are brill! we don't have a problem with leaving thm outside but we do bring them in when it is really wet outside.....
on a side note my bunny managed to jump out of his one!! got a little confused as to why he was running around in the garden!lol :lol:

I have the square run, it was for my dog at first then was used for the rabbits. It has been used for the garden and in six months has rusted quite a bit. It does have the the enclosure on top which is brilliant but I dont think they are made for the outside.

hmmm some mixed responses here...i think i will try storing it outside in the summer months and report back as to what happens. ;)

It will be indoors in the inter anyway.

They have had a lovely time munching on the grass today :)first time ive been able to let them outdoors for six months!

Mines been out since last summer - through rain,snow,etc and not a sign of rust.
I do find these to be quite secure, but ive had 2 incidents of my bunny Ella escaping from it :lol:

oh i would never leave them alone in it for a second....i know for afact that sorrel can jump out of them and i wouldnt be surprised if she tunneled out either.

I've got one of these and they are fab :) I have had mine for over a year and never had any problems with rusting. I you buy one with the netting roof...you can take one panel out and then the net can be secured a lot easier and you wont need to supervise buns as they shouldn't be able to escape that!! Just don't give them boxes that they can stand on in there...makes it easier to escape ;)

i've joined two together so i would need a huuuuuge piece of net :lol: might look into getting a bit of net curtain or summat soon though

i've joined two together so i would need a huuuuuge piece of net :lol: might look into getting a bit of net curtain or summat soon though

netting from homebase works very well on my cage... its in the garden section and cheeeeeaaaaappppp too :D:D:D

it comes 4m wide by what ever length you want

I have one from pets at home that has been sat in the garden for over a year. I use it to fence of the bushes in my garden so the bunnies cant get under them when free ranging so its out it the elements at all times.

I've got a black one and it's been out in rain and snow for the last 6 months and is totally fine. It' nailed down with long tent pegs.

Oh and thanks for the netting tip, i've been hunting for some ready for the summer :)

Last edited:
Back