• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding a foursome

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
how easy is it to bond four together. I was thinking of bonding my two pairs together, so they have more space between them.

Sophie and Autumn have had a few 'unplanned' meetings. but do seem to be getting better now they are side by side everyday. They did cause fights between their pairs, cos they could see eachother. but are getting over that now. I also think that if Sophie and Granite are closer to Autumn and Charlie then they will see that I am nothing to be scared of ( bothS+G are still really nervous of me)

How would I go about it.

Obviously neutral area, clean of individual smells. Small amount of space. (I used 4ftx4ft for pairs) growing to a large amount and seeing how they go.

I have no completely neutral territory (I.E. no bun has been before), could this be a problem?

How would I go about it.

Obviously neutral area, clean of individual smells. Small amount of space. (I used 4ftx4ft for pairs) growing to a large amount and seeing how they go.

I have no completely neutral territory (I.E. no bun has been before), could this be a problem?

Use exactly the same method as bonding 2 bunnies, although do be very aware that what often takes 3 days to achieve in pairs will often take 5 or 6 days due to group dynamics.

Neurtral territory - if you have no where neutral you need to make somewhere by thorough cleaning. whilst bonding the buns, you then have to thoroughly clean the remainder of the places they will go. If you dont have neutral territory I would advise finding somewhere else to bond them.

With regard to space for bonding I would not go any bigger than a 4 x 4 foot space, when you start increasing their space go slower as there are more chances of hiccoughs and developing problems.

Back