• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cheap nebulisers, if anyone is looking

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
:wave:

I've been toying with the idea of buying one for a while; Santa's snuffles is becoming more and more chronic so I've been looking for one that I can rig up to a pet carrier and nebulise her. Found this in maplin, an absolute bargain at £24.99 if anyone is looking for one for small furries or even humans!

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx...&T=nebuliser&gclid=CLLTzOTHrZkCFQUWGgodzHkoJQ

It's probably not the best one in the world but as Santa's snuffles is always restricted to her upper respiratory tract it should do the job just fine.

Many thanks to Lou and Gus for getting one for me, they were out of stock in Chelmsford but Lou got one from another branch that she happened to be near at the time :)

I have now :lol: Not used it yet though, back to my vet on Monday to discuss treatment plan :)

Oh brilliant, I want to know if it's worth me going to get one?, there have been times I would have liked one for a bunny or two,

Shall I go get one?

I've found F10 really good for nebulising :)

Yep I've got some on order, that's what we're planning on trying when it arrives :) The metacam seems to be really 'kicking in' now, she's so teeny that a little inflammation seems to cause her a lot of problems, so she is a lot better today anyway:)

Snowy I took the view that I probably waste £25 on a relatively regular basis so it's not the end of the world if it doesn't work as expected...for that price I thought it was worth a go!

Snowy I took the view that I probably waste £25 on a relatively regular basis so it's not the end of the world if it doesn't work as expected...for that price I thought it was worth a go!

OK, I think I will go for it and I've got and excuse 'Santa said':lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the link hun, I was only thinking yesterday I would discuss buying one with my vet because the inhalers aren't really working on Aubery at the moment, my vet doesn't think its worth me bring them in to use theirs because when they are ill the stress of vet visits just makes them worse off afterwards x

That's really interesting - one of my piggies has a chronic respiratory problem that surfaces from time to time (ie it's not bacterial in nature). I treat it with Bisolvon. I wonder what I could use in the nebuliser for her...

Sarah - I have a feeling (and please don't take this as gospel!) you may be able to use bisolvon in a nebuliser, might that help get it to the right place more effectively? Might it be viral? Again F10 might help, it probably won't do any harm. Might be worth seeing what your vet thinks :)

AMS - yes I was planning on using it with a small pet carrier, that Santa is used to anyway so shouldn't be too freaked out by it. I guess it'll be trial and error to a certain extent to start off with.

Sarah - I have a feeling (and please don't take this as gospel!) you may be able to use bisolvon in a nebuliser, might that help get it to the right place more effectively? Might it be viral? Again F10 might help, it probably won't do any harm. Might be worth seeing what your vet thinks :)

Thanks - definitely worth thinking about. I don't know whether to try to buy one now... If Bisolvon can be nebulised that sounds ideal, although she hates the whole experience (have used one before). It's just something she's prone to get from time to time, but especially during the summer months. Sam, the vet in Chelmsford, looked at me like I was a complete lunatic when I said she gets hayfever!

:lol: I can imagine her face. I like Sam :)

My F10 arrived today, I only ordered it yesterday afternoon :shock:

As Santa is doing really well now I am going to hold off at the mo, but will chat to Simone about it on Monday :)

Back