• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to use in a litter tray?

dayle_x

Mama Doe
My indoor bun charlie always used sawdust but it is sooo messy as he digs it everywhere. I tried newspaper which worked but then he started ripping it to bits.
The place i get my feeds from doesn't do megazorb. Any ideas?

One of mine has newspaper with sawdust on, the other has the same but with hay on top of that.

I use Lone Star Bedding. It is horse bedding. It is environmentally friendly, does an excellent job at absorbing the ammonia smell and is very cheap. It is in pellet form so not messy at all. I will warn you that Julie likes to eat it like dinner though. I cover her litter tray with a grate. They use it at the local bunny rescue and none of their rabbits eat it so it must just my poor under feed girl.:lol: This stuff compost really quickly. I dump her litter directly into the garden. Wonderful fertilizer. If they don't carry that brand where you are surely they must have another brand of pellet horse bedding.

Easibed which is also an equestrian bedding but works really well with my lot. Cheap aswell - about 5 or 6 pound for a big bale.

Back