• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you know if...

Marreline

Warren Scout
...your rabbits need dentals? Will I be able to see anything if I look in the mouth? Just read a post about small, dark poos and it's odd because I was just thinking the same about my bunnies poos today! Coupled with fact that Stew has a dirty bottom I'm beginning to wonder...? But he is still eating grass, all my plants (little tike), his daily veg and pellets (got to say he's less interested in hay though, but I had put that down to the poor quality bags I can't seem to avoid....but that's another post!!!)

Reckon a trip to the vet's is in order?????

:roll:

I would see the vet for a check. The symptoms can vary, for drooling, not eating, soft poohs and small poohs, but if thing have changed from his normal, its worth a check up.

It is always best to get a bun checked out if their eating habits have changed.

My Poppy had teeth problems but didn't have any signs until she stopped eating. Slowing down eating and eating less hay are some signs to look for, as well as any wetness round the chin/mouth, sticky bottom etc

Thanks. I have been tinkering with his diet as concerned I was giving him too much apple and carrot but in fact he's never shown any of these symptoms before and I've had him for a year now. Feel so upset that he may be suffering and I've failed to pick up on it. Why didn't I just take him to the vet when I first noticed the symptoms? Been a few weeks now. Oh the guilt. He's still a happy bunny so didn't occur to me that he may need the vet's attention. Poor Stew. :shock:

Oh don't worry :) It may be nothing...try cutting back on the carrots and apple, both are quite high in sugar. Also if you are feeding a lot of pellets he may be eating less hay.

As I said most buns don't show any signs until they stop eating so don't feel bad.

Back