• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay in the LS28 Leeds area

Marreline

Warren Scout
Hi there,

Having bad luck with sourcing hay in my area. The local farm was my first port of call - had three great bales but last two have been terrible - one was really smelly (Dumpling hated it - attacked it and me the one and only time I tried to put it in her hutch, and she's usually so mild mannered!) and the other gave the rabbits mites. Been buying from the local pet shop but the quality changes -sometimes my buns love it and can't eat enough, other times it's dusty and musty. Stew seems to have gone off hay altogether now. I just want some good, fresh, tasty hay. Is that really too much to ask???!!!

:?

As far as it takes!! Sick of paying pet shop prices for poor quality hay and my local farm shop is just too hit and miss. Any ideas?

Hmmm...I found the hay in Paws for Thought (york road, LS9) was satisfactory...there is also Blue Barn (out Otley way) who do bulk pet supplies but I've not personally tried their hay so i don't know what it's like. My friend used to swear by them though.

Or you can go the easy option and have it delivered by a site such as www.dustfreehay.co.uk or www.thehayexperts.com

Hope this helps:wave:

Kenyons in Morley do some great hay! I have messaged you with details.

Last edited:
I get mine from Sherburn In Elmet not sure how far that is from you its 80p a bag and my buns love it :D

Carrots are £1.35 for a massive sack full

Back